android
Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Question Shuffle/random play ALL recorded tracks - HOW?

I've had the S9 for a couple of years now and it is the MOST frustrating toy I've ever owned BUT gives the most superb audio quality from a portable.

It is most user unfriendly and must really hate me. I've read replies on here to this topic but am really no wiser and cannot get it to random play between any recorded albums as I can on a Sony MP3 player.

References have been made in other posts to see page 21 of the manual but that deals with video on the manual copy I have.

Referring to the Manual page 18 "Basic Use - Music Mode", I'm unsure whether the setting in "8" should be the arrow circle rather than the ->| and if the the cross arrow or the = in "9" but obviously is ALL in "10". I've tried various combinations of 8 & 9 but to no avail.

I have tried starting from an album but it just plays tracks from it, never moving to another folder. From other posts it appears I should start from [Artists] for example, but drilling down to play a track from that artist just gives me the same result - more tracks from within that folder.

Am I missing something obvious

John (feeling dumb & frustrated)

Last edited by Tassie Devil; 03-04-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I know how you feel....I had the Cowon i9, and the menus did not seem intuitive at all to me. If I hadn't used it in a couple of weeks, I would have to reference the manual if I wanted to shuffle all, or disable that function.

Sorry I don't have the answer for you, but I thought I'd let you know you're not the only one that has gotten frustrated with the Cowon user interface.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 AM

So you want every track on your S9 to be shuffled? In that case select songs and choose a song from there making sure the 'All' setting is enabled.

If you want to shuffle all the songs from a specific artist, select the artist and then all tracks making sure 'All' setting is selected.

If you want to shuffle songs from more than one artist/album but not all of them, I can't help Only way I can see around it is to make a playlist and shuffle that playlist.

You can download UCI's and apps that can make playlists on the go if you like, I'll link you to them if you want (in a rush at the moment so won't do it now).

Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !"$%^&*( View Post
So you want every track on your S9 to be shuffled? In that case select songs and choose a song from there making sure the 'All' setting is enabled.

If you want to shuffle all the songs from a specific artist, select the artist and then all tracks making sure 'All' setting is selected.

If you want to shuffle songs from more than one artist/album but not all of them, I can't help Only way I can see around it is to make a playlist and shuffle that playlist.

You can download UCI's and apps that can make playlists on the go if you like, I'll link you to them if you want (in a rush at the moment so won't do it now).
Thanks - I now see the error of my ways. I was interpreting "song" literally. Selecting that option appears to be the one to select tracks at random & seems to work.

Typical of the mysteries of Cowan

Thanks again

John