android
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 AM

Default Hippo VB cable problem

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Hippo VB's with signal loss in the left earphone, it's intermittent and i think it might be a problem with the cable.The thing is they're exactly a year old now because I got them for Christmas last year, so i imagine warranty is out of the question but i could do with replacing the cables. Does anyone have any advice. I've emailed Jaben a couple of weeks ago and didn't get a reply. Would rather not have to buy another pair as i'm already on the second after loosing the first.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12878

Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

keep at the jaben contact. They can be slow to respond but htey always seem to take care of people. If you dont feel like recabling you could give this set of VB clones a try. they are pretty cheap and I have heard good things so far...

Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 AM

Thanks for that. I'll keep plugging away at them and see what happens. I was hoping that they sold a cable kit that would be a suitable replacement. Otherwise I wouldn't really know where to begin without a guide or something. I'll also consider those alternatives....I loved the Hippo VB's though.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM

the shells on the hippo are easy to open, i opened mine when i lost a channel. mine was a driver problem. i looked for someone with a broken set; no takers but it fuel my search for new iems. take a look at those XePort 5010 that IDv linked to. today they were 15 dollars at amazon. thermal takes isurus are also a great deal. i just went over 100 hours on the Tts, pretty refined iem, lots of detail and full range

Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Just thought I'd follow my post up with an update. All sorted now, Andy at Jaben said he'd honor the warranty in light of me telling them before it finished and them not getting back to me. So I have a new set of VB's which are fantastic, I've missed these. The new ones seem to be slightly different though, the jack has changed, as has the cable splitter. Also, I remember my original ones having quite a bit of sibilance out of the box which smoothened out after about 20 hours burn in. Doesn't seem to be so much of a problem with these new ones.

Anyway, thanks for everyones input on this.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 AM

I have the same exact problem and am awaiting a response to see if they'll honor the warranty which is over a year old. The weird thing is they've been sitting in storage for 8+ months and worked fine last time I used em.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Super disappointed with Jaben!!! They finally responded after many days and said I'm shit out of luck. But they were willing to sell me a new pair for $60 even after I told them that they're pretty much useless to me since they fall out so easily!!!!! Argh!!! I'm kind of pissed right now. Guess I'll have to replace the cord myself and keep them as backups. Or just take out my frustrations and destroy em lol.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Super disappointed with Jaben!!! They finally responded after many days and said I'm shit out of luck. But they were willing to sell me a new pair for $60 even after I told them that they're pretty much useless to me since they fall out so easily!!!!! Argh!!! I'm kind of pissed right now. Guess I'll have to replace the cord myself and keep them as backups. Or just take out my frustrations and destroy em lol.
if you find replacing em cords too much hassle then take them to a wire repair store to get em repaired only cost a few dollars.