android
Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Hey, i have a problem. I have put the autostart_RB on my R0, and now i cant get back to the "normal R0" and when i want to delete the file on my computer, i cant find the R0 on "my computer" what do i have to do?

Last edited by Alireza; 02-09-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Rockbox is supposed to do that automatically isn't it? Perhaps that's not working anymore?
R0 App appears to do so - the overall volume gets compensated no matter what EQ settings are used.

I had a play around today with the EQ as advised and while precut solves the clipping, the volume problem persists, and besides, precut is a poor workaround - the music sounds compressed and flat - no dynamic range, and half the volume it should be.

R0 app still sounds punchy, crisp and LOUD so not using RB till this problem's resolved.. it's simply unable to use the YP-R0's full power....

Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVibrating View Post
R0 App appears to do so - the overall volume gets compensated no matter what EQ settings are used.

I had a play around today with the EQ as advised and while precut solves the clipping, the volume problem persists, and besides, precut is a poor workaround - the music sounds compressed and flat - no dynamic range, and half the volume it should be.

R0 app still sounds punchy, crisp and LOUD so not using RB till this problem's resolved.. it's simply unable to use the YP-R0's full power....
Wait. Wait. Wait. How do you use the EQ?? Keymappings are still buggy (don't worry, in the next weeks I will have time to work on rockbox, adding radio support and fixing these keys). SO you are using an old version? If so, don't complain and try a new one

Old 02-11-2012, 01:03 AM

Hello, I want to ask about this step
"By default the Samsung app loads first. To load Rockbox you have to press & hold the central key during the boot (screen with the Samsung logo). To load Rockbox first by default, put an empty file named autostart_RB at the root of the device. You can also download it here. IMPORTANT: Rockbox can only load if the device is fully off and not in standby mode. To turn it fully off, just press reset."

I've put the .rockbox file and autostart_RB into my R0, and then I read this ''Rockbox can only load if the device is fully off and not in standby mode. To turn it fully off, just press reset.'' So before I turn on the R0 I must press the reset button or no ?

I don't the difference between Fully off mode and standby mode. Can you explain it ?

Thank you so much

Old 02-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

With the stock firmware, when you press power, it doesn't really turn off your device but put in standby mode. That's why next startup is quicker. The counterpart is that the standby mode consumes more energy. If you don't use the R0 for several hours (I guess 6 our 8hrs), it automatically turns fully off. Then you can notice next startup takes longer. Reseting the device also turns it fully off

That's why, if you want to use rockbox after using the Samsung app, you have to reset the device (or wait 8hrs....). If you only use Rockbox, you won't need to reset the device anymore as Rockbox only fully turns off the device (no standby mode with Rockbox)

Old 02-11-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
With the stock firmware, when you press power, it doesn't really turn off your device but put in standby mode. That's why next startup is quicker. The counterpart is that the standby mode consumes more energy. If you don't use the R0 for several hours (I guess 6 our 8hrs), it automatically turns fully off. Then you can notice next startup takes longer. Reseting the device also turns it fully off

That's why, if you want to use rockbox after using the Samsung app, you have to reset the device (or wait 8hrs....). If you only use Rockbox, you won't need to reset the device anymore as Rockbox only fully turns off the device (no standby mode with Rockbox)
I've using the modded firmware 2.30 I must restart the device too ?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Samsung Moderator

Instead of losing time asking questions, try to load Rockbox and you'll see then if the Samsung app loads instead or not. That's as easy as that and there is nothing dangerous

Old 02-11-2012, 07:16 AM

I have a problem, I've put the rockbox to my R0 but it won't start. It's stuck on Samsung logo, and when I connect to my PC, my device cannot found.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Samsung Moderator

Read the read-me file of the modded firmware 2.20.
There are instructions to unbrick the device.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:34 AM

That problem solved

Edited : Now the RB can run in my R0

Thankyou so much

Can I share this to Indonesian forum ? There are so many R0 users

Last edited by ditto; 02-11-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Samsung Moderator

If you put the autostart file at the root you obviously don't need to press the central key during the startup!!

The problem is not asking questions, the problem is that you don't read carefully the instructions and answers.

edit: if you edit your post once I already posted a reply, of course my reply doesn't make any sense anymore...
On audiophile-id.com? Of course you can share! The goal is to get the most people in the world using the modded firmware and why not rockbox too

Last edited by lebellium; 02-11-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 AM

But first I'm sorry because I'm affraid if my R0 is dead.
and thank you so much

I'm really impressed with this rockbox !

Yes on audiophile-id.com and kaskus.us
You know au-id too ?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
But first I'm sorry because I'm affraid if my R0 is dead.
and thank you so much

I'm really impressed with this rockbox !

Yes on audiophile-id.com and kaskus.us
You know au-id too ?
No Dead...What does it mean? Hardware fault? If so it would be nice if you describe it accurately since R0 is hard to break

@lebellium: I solved the "device" problem for the radio module, now having one more. But I'm close to finish it. Next week, after exams I will have plenty of time to work on it Then rockbox integration should be quite easy, the thing still missing in my former experiments was the correct lineout selection (to make the radio audio signal go throug the ascodec...)!

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
You know au-id too ?
Yes I know au-id too, a_tumiwa came on ABI at the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
No Dead...What does it mean? Hardware fault? If so it would be nice if you describe it accurately since R0 is hard to break
His R0 is not dead, Rockbox works on it now, he meant that at first he did not dare to do it because he thought that could be dangerous for his R0.

Quote:
@lebellium: I solved the "device" problem for the radio module, now having one more. But I'm close to finish it. Next week, after exams I will have plenty of time to work on it
Good job

Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 AM

I have a problem like Appick. If I play the song after a break of a new folder or memory card, then I hear a scratch (sound similar to a rewind).

Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 AM

To keep you all informed, I managed to get the radio chip working
Among other things (code cleanup, need to make the patch, etc) sound is still not correctly "opened" (line input on the ascodec). This is a minor thing, isn't it?
Of course I'm joking, but through a script, using alsamixer to open the FM in the standard way, I could listen to the stations correctly in rockbox.

All the features of the radio chip are working, except RDS, it is handled in a different way (I will see that later). I guess in two weeks or so, you will have the radio on your devices too, finally!

Enjoy rockbox

EDIT: I solved the issue of the uncorrect line in opening. Rockbox was opening the second line, while samsung used the first line for the FM radio
I guess there is still a small timing problem in tuning (because I simply changed a sleep to usleep without taking care of the value for testing...) but in general the radio works perfectly!

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-15-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Status update...

Old 02-24-2012, 03:22 AM

Hey, Lorenz092! Any news about the radio patch? It's about for a week on flyspray, and still not approved...
Btw you are developing rockbox alone?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Samsung Moderator

@Lorenzo:

Quote:
09:13 MrFrost hey guys
09:13 MrFrost can someone pls look at a radio patch for r0
09:14 MrFrost it's on flyspray about a week already
09:23 Zagor MrFrost: could you please upload it to gerrit instead? we have stopped using flyspray for patches.
09:24 Zagor I should add a big note...
09:24 Zagor gerrit.rockbox.org
09:24 MrFrost it's not my patch
09:25 MrFrost lorenzo92 develops rockbox for r0
09:25 Zagor aha
@Mr.Frost:
Kugel doesn't have time to check and commit the patch atm.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 AM

AH! Okay I will upload the patch to gerrit...

@Mr.Frost:
Nono not alone, kugel supports the thing I'm still not so good at C, but as you can see I can do some coding hihi
I can post a build if you want, but needs loading the new module, so I need to post also the script. But I prefer to wait a little to see with kugel how to include and load the module in the best way possible, since next I will upload the official rockbox firmware. it won't need the rockbox.sh script at root (contained in the build zip, automaticly)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-24-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 AM

@Lorenz092
Pls post a build if you can. If I add the lines:

rmmod si470x.ko
insmod /mnt/media0/si4709.ko

to the rockbox.sh will the module for the radio work?

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0