android
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 AM

Default Headphone Amp For Television

Hi - I am new to this type of forum so forgive my ignorance.
I am looking for a headphone amp that will give me Bass functionality.
I just got a new LG TV but when I plug in the headphones I loose the audio settings. There is an RCA output and and Audio (headphone) plug. I have read many of the threads here and the Filo E10 and the Meelec m6 have been suggested, but not for a TV.

Any ideas?

TY
m

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM

I just got a new LG recently as well and the internal speakers are the worst I’ve ever heard but that’s the price you pay for an ultra thin panel, which I’m fine with. I have not tested headphones from the TV yet, much less connect any of my portable amps to it. I doubt that I’ll ever be using headphones from mine because when I watch something alone, I just use my laptop with headphones.

That said, sooner or later I will be buying a soundbar/subwoofer combo for mine because I do not have the space to go 5.1, but in the short term and laugh now … I have the JVC Kaboom connected to the headphone out and it blows away the TV speakers and performs so good for me that I can wait on the soundbar option for a long while.

*PS if you want, I can test my amps and headphones from it and let you know what I think, just let me know.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM

The E10 is an USB sound card, I doubt the TV supports that. For the cheapest quality bass boosting amp you can look at the FiiO E6, and if you want basically the best bass quality, get a Digizoid ZO.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 AM

TY - Will check out the Digizoid ZO.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 AM

You can read my review of the ZO here: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/06/d...woofer-review/

It's a very lovely thing.