android
Old 02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblaze View Post
I read on woo's website that the AC power cord and interconnect are not included
Just wondering if you picked up any special power cord or interconnects for it or just some normal cables that you can find off ebay or your local electronic shop?
I had a few power cords that I wasn't using from old pc's, nothing special required, don't buy into that hype that special cords are required to improve anything as that's a pile of bull. Looks like this one below:

Normally I make my IC's and they work fine but if you don't make them, you can buy something like this for around $3.00 to $5.00 if your source is either a portable player or laptop. I use a similar cable to my DAC which is connected to my laptop via USB. But as you know depending on your source output connections the IC cable can vary ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 02-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-19-2012, 09:57 AM

I really appreciate the reply because i'm looking forward to buying the wooaudio 6 with a pair of AKG 701's to go with. I'm fairly new to the audio world but i have been doing my research and i was just wondering how would the sound quality differ from your sony CD deck to a mp3 player like a sansa clip being the source?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblaze View Post
I really appreciate the reply because i'm looking forward to buying the wooaudio 6 with a pair of AKG 701's to go with. I'm fairly new to the audio world but i have been doing my research and i was just wondering how would the sound quality differ from your sony CD deck to a mp3 player like a sansa clip being the source?
I haven’t used my CD deck to source the WA6 in ages, fact is that I rarely used CD’s any more. I prefer my laptop as a source, out via DAC as the sound card on my laptop sucks. By using a program like Winamp or foobar2K you can use VST plugins which allow you to enhance the sound via audio effects. I believe that I tried the Clip as a source at one point but honestly I can not remember the sq. As far as using the AKG 701's it’s been ages since I listened to them and I never tried them on a WA6, I can’t remember their sound signature accurately but IIRC they’re more towards the bright side, good midrange but lacking severely in bass impact for my taste, but hey we all have different tastes.

All that said, I would seriously consider sourcing your WA6 from your PC, laptop or a source that isn’t portable so you can leave it ready to use when ever you’d like. For my set up, it’s always ready to use, all I have to do is connect a USB cord to my laptop and I’m ready to go. BTW don’t forget to set the “impedance selector” on the WA6 down (8-99 ohms) for your AKG 701's as I believe their impedance is 62 Ohms.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Once again, I'd like to appreciate you for your replies and your responses have helped a lot. Got one more question here, and that is regarding shipping and manufacturing time from Woo Audio, how long did it take you to receive the amp after you placed the order?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Jack Woo is in New York... so you prolly can pick it up yourself.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As dfkt said, Jack Wu hails from NY and on the occasions when I’ve meet him he was a really nice guy. Just pick up the phone and call, you never know they may just have a few WA6's in stock, unless you’re going for any of the add-on upgrades, but I doubt it would take that long and you’ll save on shipping for sure …

Been a long time since I got mine, last address & number I had was:
Woo Audio Inc.
5209 Seabury Street, Floor 1
Elmhurst, NY 11373
USA

Phone: (917) 324-5284

Edit: I was just checking his site and read this
Quote:
7. Is there any unit available for immediate delivery? Typically, we do not build amplifier to stock but build per order.
Build time is normally within 1 to 2 weeks. However, delivery date can be delayed due to outstanding orders.

Last edited by WalkGood; 02-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:11 PM

Damn, can't believe I didn't see that on the FAQ section, I got my email back from Jack Woo and he says " We don’t have a store front yet. Orders will have to ship." So much for picking it up. Thanks again guys for the help and hope this experience turns out swell