android
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Default avi video not working

Hey guys,
I am trying to put in a few music videos in avi format into my cowon j3 player. None of them seem to work. The video resolutions of two of the videos are 1920x1080 and the other is 1280x720. Are the resolutions too high?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 AM

Avi is merely a container, and the container can contain many formats which the J3 can or cannot read. All I can suggest you is to download MediaInfo and check which Video Codec the avi video was encoded with. Officially Cowon J3 only supports DivX, Xvid and WMV but there is also light support for h.264.

You may want to have a look at some of the tutorials in this video section to find out how to convert your music videos to the video formats above. Oh, and I believe 1920x1080 can become a little bit too high for the J3 to handle but I haven't tried myself.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM

blhaa.jpg

Heres what media info says

Old 02-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Oh, so the movie is already Xvid. Well, in that case I think it is an issue with the file size / bit rate / resolution. The screen resolution of the J3 is 480x272 so unless you plan to connect the device to a TV I would recommend you to lower the resolution through a conversion. Check the tutorials around here, there should be plenty of help on that subject already.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM

Even if you connect the J3 to a TV it's only an analog connection and won't benefit from HD resolutions (which it doesn't play anyways).

I tested the J3 working up to around 800x600 for video (XviD and h264), but I guess 720p is already too big for it to handle.