android
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM

Default not all music shows up from external 32gb memory card

Hello, Ive been trying to find an answer to this, but without success.

I have sansa clip plus + with 4GB internal memory, and 32gb external card.

The problem is that not, all the music that is on 32gb external memory loads up into database of mp3-player.

I have about 5000 music files on my micro sdhc card, but only about 4500 is recognised by mp3 player.

Problem is not about individual files. Why? Becouse if I change a structure of folders, then other files are missing.

In attached image you can see my file structure. The problem is only first 76 subfolders(apphabetically sorted) from 124 subfolders in "albumy interpretov" are shown by the device.

I tryed to move these subfolders, to devide them into folders, or to change folder structure in many ways. But no time all files were loaded.

Different folders are missing, depending on file structure. Missing folders are not random.

It seems like clip plus doesnt finish loading all files, that it stops after certain amount, depending on folder structure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Záznam na celú obrazovku 8. 8. 2011 170508.bmp.jpg (38.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by marceln; 08-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The size of the database is limited. around 8,000 files on average can be held in the database. To get more files to appear on the player, you need to shorten, tag lengths, path names(filenames and folder names, and file nesting). If files are too deeply nested(files within files within files, etc.) the player might not see them. Are you sure all the files are in a supported format?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Default Sansa clip ZIP 32gb trouble with displaying files

I see that this forum is for sansa clip + , but I am having the same issues with the new 8gb Sansa clip Zip when adding Kingston and Sandisk 32gb cards
I doubt if this issue has to do with Kingston Cards. I'd rather believe that all the "Card issues" we have with the sansa players, is more related to a bug/s on the sansa players with the cards. Please note:I am not an Agent for Kingston...

I treid all the solutions posted, I formatted the units and the cards (I have here around 10) a nice amount of times.I also made sure to load on MSC. I also made sure the tags are correct, I made sure it contains 5 folders so the folders should not be a issue and I loaded on the device approx 1000 files and on the Sandisk 32gbcard approx 4000 files which is way less then the posted amount and it takes for the clip zip to refresh the data untill the battery burns out I treid multiple times. All of the Data is MP3 format only 44KHZ, and 32KBPS, 16bit Mono.
I was trying to work with sandisk Card & I had the same issues which I had with the kingston cards. With the Sansa clip+ we sold 100's of it with no issues so I hope Sansdisk will not trow us back . I would love to see the updates on the new firmware.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM

I had the same problem and I found only one solution: you need Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/)

After that, all my 32gb card showed without problem. It's the OS of the sansa that is the problem.

See my initial thread about this problem, you will see how much trouble I went through to finally have this simple solution:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65955

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drealm View Post
I had the same problem and I found only one solution: you need Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/)

After that, all my 32gb card showed without problem. It's the OS of the sansa that is the problem.

See my initial thread about this problem, you will see how much trouble I went through to finally have this simple solution:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65955
QFT