android
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Replacement for RE0

My pair of RE0s at the moment have lost sound to the right piece for the 2nd time. I've sent it in during December using the warranty, got my replacement pair in January and now it occurred again. Are there any similar performing and priced IEMs which can match or beat the RE0?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspect View Post
Are there any similar performing and priced IEMs which can match or beat the RE0?
Do you want the same sound signature as the RE0? Because, truthfully, taste matters at least as much as any idea of absolute quality.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanwhile View Post
Do you want the same sound signature as the RE0? Because, truthfully, taste matters at least as much as any idea of absolute quality.
Well if possible then yes. Maybe I should switch to headphones instead of IEMs because of a durability issue? All my iems end up with a dead right side.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspect View Post
Well if possible then yes. Maybe I should switch to headphones instead of IEMs because of a durability issue? All my iems end up with a dead right side.
REOs have about *the* worst rep for durability around...

You're probably damaging the cable where it connects to the IEM. Shure se215s have a great rep and a user-replaceable cable. They cost a bit more than RE0s, but maybe they're worth considering? The sound is bass heavier than the RE0s, I believe.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanwhile View Post
REOs have about *the* worst rep for durability around...

You're probably damaging the cable where it connects to the IEM. Shure se215s have a great rep and a user-replaceable cable. They cost a bit more than RE0s, but maybe they're worth considering? The sound is bass heavier than the RE0s, I believe.
Alright thanks, I'll look into trying out my friend's pair to see if I like them.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM

If the sound signature isn't what you want then don't be scared to try equalizing. People talk a lot of crap about EQ distortion as if it was inevitable, but it's implementation dependent. Cowons have excellent EQ. Some players with sucky EQ can be improved by installing Rockbox.

Tags
headdirect, re0