android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
That's part of how make use of Rockbox features. You can actually see and manipulate files and directories that can't be seen at all in the OF.
OK, but in Rockbox, you can do something with those files. In the OF, there's nothing you can do with them, so why show them? This could be considered intelligent programming by Sansa. 99% of Clip users (me included) don't want to see files that they can't play.

Quote:
I wouldn't say folder browsing in the OF is fake but it's not anything like folder browsing in Rockbox.
OK, but to some degree that's just the way it's been programmed by the two different groups. I need to see the Rockbox display, but really I suspect that both are "right".

Quote:
The OF folders are based on the tags it reads from music files it recognizes.
I don't believe that they are based on the tags. Perhaps it builds a folder structure in the database while reading the tags to build the tag database.

But this is a programming detail. How do you know that there is a stored structure, or that the structure is read when needed? And really, it doesn't matter to 99% of users.

I guess I'm overreacting to the use of the word "fake".

Steve