android
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM

Help E300 questions

Ok, so since I figure I can get more answers here than the forum my other thread is in I'm just asking the questions from my other thread in here. I've got a few E300 questions:

How fast is navigating the menu? Can you hold down the buttons or do you have to press each individually?

How many bands is the custom EQ?

Is the speaker good? As in, can you actually hear your music, I'm not taking audiophille good, nothing is unless it costs more than a thousand bucks and is in a studio. So, when you listen via the built in speaker can you actually hear your music as good as say, computer speakers? I have a pair of the speakers with the little lights built which I got from target for 2.50 and they're pretty much crap, but all I want is a way to listen to music without my headphones on, is the speaker decent?

Also, with the SD card does it integrate into the main library? Or is it it's own folder?

And, since I was informed it's not gapless, but it sounds ot me like a gimmick feature more than a real feature that makes a difference, since it's not gapless does it preload songs? So like, will it immediately play the next song? Like if I have a live CD playing will it have no silence between tracks before playing the next one so I'll hear say, all the crowd noise and all?

Thanks.

Last edited by Baltowolf; 12-07-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltowolf View Post
How fast is navigating the menu? Can you hold down the buttons or do you have to press each individually?
No, you can press and hold down, however navigation is quite slow.

Quote:
How many bands is the custom EQ?
5: 50, 200, 1k, 3k, 14k

Quote:
Is the speaker good? As in, can you actually hear your music, I'm not taking audiophille good, nothing is unless it costs more than a thousand bucks and is in a studio. So, when you listen via the built in speaker can you actually hear your music as good as say, computer speakers? I have a pair of the speakers with the little lights built which I got from target for 2.50 and they're pretty much crap, but all I want is a way to listen to music without my headphones on, is the speaker decent?
Haha... It's weak, lousy, good for nothing . Really, my Nokia 5320, my Samsung Galaxy S - both play MUCH louder and better through the speaker. It's useless. I mean audio quality with good headphones is marvelous for its price, but the speaker - I wish it wasn't even there.

Quote:
Also, with the SD card does it integrate into the main library? Or is it it's own folder?
Own folder. Worst of all - not present in phone library. It's just browsing the file system, playing, shuffling through files, etc.

Quote:
And, since I was informed it's not gapless, but it sounds ot me like a gimmick feature more than a real feature that makes a difference, since it's not gapless does it preload songs? So like, will it immediately play the next song? Like if I have a live CD playing will it have no silence between tracks before playing the next one so I'll hear say, all the crowd noise and all?
If you truly love music - you'll turn off all that stuff. It cuts stuff that it shouldn't cut.

I kind of regretted I bought it. Not that it's bad. It's actually wonderful when it comes to sound. Its awful when it comes to firmware, usability, navigation. I can't even make playlists without its software. And playlists can't include files from the SD Card. Horrible firmware. Even when compared to stuff like Transcend or Apacer.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capilleary View Post
No, you can press and hold down, however navigation is quite slow.

5: 50, 200, 1k, 3k, 14k

Haha... It's weak, lousy, good for nothing . Really, my Nokia 5320, my Samsung Galaxy S - both play MUCH louder and better through the speaker. It's useless. I mean audio quality with good headphones is marvelous for its price, but the speaker - I wish it wasn't even there.

Own folder. Worst of all - not present in phone library. It's just browsing the file system, playing, shuffling through files, etc.

If you truly love music - you'll turn off all that stuff. It cuts stuff that it shouldn't cut.

I kind of regretted I bought it. Not that it's bad. It's actually wonderful when it comes to sound. Its awful when it comes to firmware, usability, navigation. I can't even make playlists without its software. And playlists can't include files from the SD Card. Horrible firmware. Even when compared to stuff like Transcend or Apacer.
Hi, new member here.

Do you know how can i view the current list? If i move back from the current playing list i can no more find it and now playing only shows the currently playing song. I find it very inconvenient and awkward to use, the whole interface i mean.

My main question here is that is it possible to upgrade the firmware to one of the previous gen versions eg E100 and thereby have a MTP-enabled firmware? As a last resort perhaps, i really want to hack the firmware somehow and just get a better one that lets me sort songs and integrates with WMP (i hate the bundled software) and in a word is not crap.

Is it possible at all, without an official firmware update? And if not, just how can i make iriver release a better firmware, cause i just bought this E300 PMP and it would be damn cool if i won't have to sell it this soon to get a few basic features.

Tags
e300, gapless, iriver, sd, speaker