android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM

Sorry to bring up such an old topic but I figured there is no point in starting a new topic on this issue. Well I had a similar issue. I have had my Fuze for years now and was recently having issues with the wheel as well.

I was going to try alcohol as it wont hurt electronics in a small dose but its not a good lubricant. I then got an idea. I have this oil specifically for my electric razor, as it sometimes needs to be oiled similar to a shredder once in a while. It's a very small bottle that I can slowly dab a few drops and then spin the wheel with a tissue and spun it for a while back and forth for a good minute and it seemed to have fixed the problem for now. It wont hurt the electronics as it is used for my electronic razor and is meant as a oil/lubricant for it.

So I hope maybe this helps some people out there in the future with this issue. I'll make any updates if there is problems again or if it does not hold long.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM

I don't have my fuze anymore. I had a first one that came with the stiff wheel then I got a new one that lasted 4 months then went stiff. The wheel freed up for a little while but went stiff again so i bought a sansa clip plus which has worked well for a year and continues to give very good service. I have come to the conclusion that fuzes have problematic scroll wheels so I avoid them now. I was going to go with a fuze + I tried it in store and the touch controls suck right out of the box