android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default JVC HAS160 A great $13 headphone!

After Marvin the Martian recommended that people try the JVC "Flats" since he enjoyed his JVC HAS150 'Flats", I decided to try the newer model, the HAS160. I was trying to find some comparisons of two, but found just one post of someone who claimed to have both, and claimed that the HAS160 has better bass than the HAS150.

Since this headphone was around $10(sometimes it can be gotten for under $10. Now it is around $13) I didn't expect much. The sound amazed me. It sounds very neutral, and has decent(but not exaggerated) bass and a nice midrange and highs. The sound reminds me of the Sony V6, but with not as much detail. I prefer the sound of the HAS160 to that of the Portapro, and have only a slight preference for the PX100 over the HAS160. The HAS160 has less bass than the PX100, but much better highs.
Like all other JVC headphones, this headphone seems to need plenty of burn in to be at its best.

This is a closed supraaural headphone that is very compact. It feels very solidly built. It is similar in size to the PX100 and Portapro, however the headband doesn't fold. The driver enclosures do rotate to the flat position. It doesn't isolate much.

At around $13, this is one of the greatest headphone bargains, as it compares so well with headphones that are around $40. Sometimes the price on this drops below $10. I think some people said they bought it for under $10 at Big Lots. Other places occasionally put the black ones on sale.

Last edited by JK98; 01-18-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]