android
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post

My 16GB R0 is now rockboxed too

Still regularly looking at ebay for a possible 4th R0!
Indeed, definitely better in my hands than in the hands of newbie users thinking about replacing it by an iPod
Don't know why but in Russia they're still selling R0 in normal shops. I saw some not more than a month ago.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Don't know why but in Russia they're still selling R0 in normal shops. I saw some not more than a month ago.
Ah! That's interesting and nice to know uhm uhm

Indeed, I should find some low cost R0s too hehe

@lebellium: 16 GB version is the one in the moddle, right? Because it looks like mine (well less signs of usage )

Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
@lebellium: 16 GB version is the one in the moddle, right? Because it looks like mine (well less signs of usage )
Yes it's the silver one. It still looks brand-new

Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM

I have a weird problem since 2 days I can't start my R0 in Samsung mode. Every time I try to boot it by pressing the middle button it system checks. I've never had any problems before. I have the latest versions of the ROM and RB (and have followed all the evolutions since the beginning) and 2 days ago was the first time that I wanted to put new music on my player since the last update. I assume I'm the only one with this problem since no-one else has complained. Any ideas as to what it can be and how to fix it? I'll have to reread the instructions about the DKR.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 AM

And after system checking does it restart and there is system check again?
I constantly plugging player to usb, didn't have any problems.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
I have a weird problem since 2 days I can't start my R0 in Samsung mode. Every time I try to boot it by pressing the middle button it system checks. I've never had any problems before. I have the latest versions of the ROM and RB (and have followed all the evolutions since the beginning) and 2 days ago was the first time that I wanted to put new music on my player since the last update. I assume I'm the only one with this problem since no-one else has complained. Any ideas as to what it can be and how to fix it? I'll have to reread the instructions about the DKR.
What's this "samsung mode"? Do you mean the "Recovery mode"?
If so, you're just using the bad button to enable it
Press and hold Back key while inserting usb cable (well just need to insert cable and then hold it...no fast action is necessary )
Also no need to keep it hold while doing the system check as it's done in the bootloader => far far away from button check

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
And after system checking does it restart and there is system check again?
I constantly plugging player to usb, didn't have any problems.
No, it only system checks when I boot with the button pressed. It starts off fine in RB mode.

No I don't mean recovery mode. I meant the original OS so that I could change my music. I just tried again leaving the middle button pressed all the way through system check and it started in samsung mode (or normal or original OS.) So then I plugged it into the computer middle button pressed to boot to original OS and it's there. Youpi!

Last edited by Appick; 01-13-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Update

Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
No, it only system checks when I boot with the button pressed. It starts off fine in RB mode.

No I don't mean recovery mode. I meant the original OS so that I could change my music. I just tried again leaving the middle button pressed all the way through system check and it started in samsung mode (or normal or original OS.) So then I plugged it into the computer middle button pressed to boot to original OS and it's there. Youpi!
Ahh okay now it's clear hehe
ps: to avoid the sys check, just turn off player normally in samsung "os" and then press reset hole...

Old 01-13-2012, 05:07 PM

Actually i noticed a little issue that happen to me twice, i guess : Occasionaly when i'm pressing lock button to unlock player, it just totally freezes and i need to hold power button very long to restart it, and position in playing song is not being remembered, so i guess player is really "frozen" at that moment.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM

I can only assume that I must have not ejected the player properly once. Seems to be working fine now.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Incidentally, in the latest version of the RB is not possible to open txt files. And the sound was quieter.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 AM

TXT files open ok.
But I also found myself cranking up the volume more than before.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Why, then, I do not open txt files? When I try to open them, open the editor, and then it hangs up.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Rockbox Developer

Current builds can now be downloaded from http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-samsungypr0.zip (updated at every commit).

Old 01-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Samsung Moderator

Good job dude, thanks

What's needed to add it here http://build.rockbox.org/ ?
An admin?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

Yeah! Great job

Next things to do are:

- keymappings -> there are some bugs...
- radio (samsung hasn't replied me yet, and won't do it in my opinion...) So after exams I will try to reverse as much as possible its module!
- fix some bugs related to plugins

e.g: plugin (uhm don't remember correctly which, but I'm pretty sure it's the cube.rock) exits the application since it calls exit function, and this is probably wrong on our environment, don't know if there is another exit function for plugins, though!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Current builds can now be downloaded from http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-samsungypr0.zip (updated at every commit).
Very nice!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I'm trying this on my Mac but (I think) the unzipped file begins with a full point?

Putting a full point at the start of a file name on a Mac makes it invisible so I see nothing. I don't understand enough about all this to know if I can do anything on my Mac (I don't have access to a PC).

Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

Indeed it begins with a full point.
The folder to put at the root of the R0 is named .rockbox
If MAC OS just makes the folder invisible without modifying it, maybe unzipping the archive directly at the root of the R0 works.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM

The same happens on linux by the way
Simply unzip it into R0's root or even simplier just make hidden files be shown in the filemanager or use the terminal (use ls <device, path> to see if copied or not...)

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0