android
Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default New AIAIAI Capital Headphones!!!

C/O AIAIAI

Quote:
Capital - The New Headphones From AIAIAI

It took a little while, but after a good deal of preparation, deliberation and strategizing, we’re finally ready to lift the curtain on our brand new headphones! If you live in the city and like music on the move, please allow us to introduce you to your new best friend: his name is Capital, he’s a flexible yet rugged sort of character - and he comes in striking, new colours.

Capital was born out of a wish to create a pair of headphones that speaks to the inhabitants of the world’s major cities. People who want great sound that isn’t compromised by rain, snow or hail, who appreciate distinctive design and need flexible headphones that can take a beating.

This is why Capital delivers on all these fronts: Made out of nylon reinforced with fibreglass with a lightweight rubber-brace, the headphones are built to withstand heavy, everyday use in urban environments. It’s also tested to withstand the rapidly changing environments of the city while delivering clear and crisp sound from the protected 40mm driver. The materials have been handpicked for durability, and the design lets you adjust to your own perfect, comfortable fit. When you need to take them off, you just fold them right up and store them in the included carrying pouch. Simple as that.

The designers Lars Larsen and Jens Martin Skibsted from KiBiSi on the overall aesthetic of Capital:

" With Capital we've aimed to create an iconic pair of headphones designed for urban use. All components of the headphones play an integrated and cohesive role; the adjustment system used for capital is reminiscent of snowboard bindings, in tune with the generally sturdy and eclectic solutions implemented. This is part of what creates the unique character of the headphones."

If you’re eager to get an early look at Capital, our colleague, Adam, will be showing the new headphones at the Agenda trade show in Los Angeles today (Jan. 6 2012). We will be on the Main Floor in booth I1.

After Tracks, Capital felt like the natural next step for us. We hope you’ll give the new kid in class a warm welcome...
Thank FACEBOOK for their status update that let me know about these - I gotta have THESE!!!

Last edited by The DarkSide; 01-06-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 PM

They look like a toy haha. Not for my needs but I would like to know their sound signature and quality.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Buy these i will.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 01-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Buy these i will.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12958286.jpg (65.7 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 AM

Those turquoise accents on the cable ends are really fugly, IMO - reminds me of Win3.11/Win95 color schemes. Wonder if those Capitals still have removable cables, like the TMA-1.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm, the cable doesn't look removable to me.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Seems there will be more color choices: C/O Headphonics

Quote:
Aiaiai launch the Capital Headphone!
BY MARCUSD – JANUARY 10, 2012
POSTED IN: LATEST NEWS

One of my favorite brands in the DJ headphone industry – Aiaiai have been busy with new product development and have just announced the launch this year of a new headphone, the Capital. The Capital looks to tie the gap between the Tracks and the TMA-1 and is scheduled for release in March 2012.

This is what Aiaiai have to say about their latest big release when I reached out to them this week.

Quote:
Capital is the new extremely durable, foldable and flexible headphone from AIAIAI, that seeks to provide the on-the-go urbanite with the opportunity to listen to his or her preferred sounds in any kinds of weather at all times – while wearing a design that’s effortlessly iconic, thoroughly realised, and comfortable.

It’s a project that speaks to the inhabitants of the world’s major cities as it gives them a safeguard, of sorts; a kind of meticulously crafted, last line of resistance against the myriad of overpowering sights, sounds and rapidly changing environments of the city.
Highlights

• Reinforced fiberglass housing for increased durability
• Lightweight rubber brace for listening comfort and secure fit
• Inline 3-button microphone for play/pause/scrolling and answering calls
• Weather proof – Rain & Snow resistant IEC529 Standard – IP-4
• Material Housing/Sliderarms : PA 6 fiberglass reinforced polyamide – EDM finish
• Material Cushions: strechable EVA foam

Technical specs

• Driver Unit Size 40 mm
• Plug Angled Stereo Plug 3.5 mm
• Speaker Impedance 32 Ohm
• Speaker Sensitivity 112 +/- 3dB
• Maximum Power Input 40 mW
• Frequency Response TBD
• Microphone Sensitivity -42 +/- 3dB
• Microphone Directivity Omni-directional
• Designed in Denmark by KiBiSi
• Assembled in China for AIAIAI

Capital was born out of a wish to create a pair of headphones that speaks to the inhabitants of the world’s major cities. People who want great sound that isn’t compromised by rain, snow or hail, who appreciate distinctive design and need flexible headphones that can take a beating.