android
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Default Sennheiser IE8 EQ rockbox

Hi everybody..

I just bought a sansa clip plus and installed rockbox on it.. Rockbox has a lot of options and i'm not really into eq terms like 'dithering', 'precut' (english is not my native langauge) etc.. there are also some amping options like pre-amp etc... Is the only thing I have to do using the simple eq options where I can change the volume of various frequencies or are there also other things that really push my IE8 to the max? My current setting is: 60hz +2 db, 200hz -3db and 12khz +2. I eq'ed the midbass down this way.. Does this setting gives my IE8 the best clarity with a powerfull impactfull bass?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Only you can really answer that......we have different ears than you.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjondenon View Post
My current setting is: 60hz +2 db, 200hz -3db and 12khz +2. I eq'ed the midbass down this way..
For me, that looks like a pretty good setting for the IE8 - I do a similar EQ for them on my Cowon players (I don't use the IE8 with Rockbox). I like to give them more sub-bass, take away some bloat, and add some sparkle, same as you.

FWIW; here's my Cowon/Wolfson IE8 setting:

Quote:
80Hz Wide +2
500Hz Wide -2
780Hz Wide 0
4.1kHz Wide +3
6.9kHz Wide +2

Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 PM

okay, so the other sound options @rockbox with low pass filter and high pass filter stuff are unnecessary? And has rockbox also an option like Sony's Dynamic Normalizer which adjust the volume level of different songs?

Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM

The lowest and highest band in the Rockbox 5-band EQ act as a lower and higher shelf - the middle bands are notches. Recommended reading: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...l#x9-1100006.8

Dynamic normalizers are evil crap, they destroy the dynamics of the music, making quiet parts louder and loud parts quieter - I would never ever use something like that. Rockbox supports Replaygain, which is the best way to normalize music to a perceived equal level. (Rockbox does have a compressor as well, which is similar to Sony's stuff, but again, that has a severe negative impact on the music.)

Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks dfkt!!!