android
Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Question Hippo VB, whats next? (200-250)

Hi All,

Having originally had some V-Moda Bass Freq and then move to the excellen Hippo VB for a year, I'm now ready to upgrade again.

• My budget is 200-250
  • I'd like something with the very bass heavy sound of the Hippo VB, though, on the next level if that makes sense? Same or better bass but also better clarity and 'pop'?
  • I mainly listen to techno mixes, such as Dave Clarke, Chris Liebing, Adam Beyer etc.
  • They would be used in the gym, so a nice hard wearing cable would be good, but not essential if it means sacrificing on sound quality.
  • It would be an iPhone 4S powering them. Not ideal I know, but I always have it with me from work as it's a business phone. I do spmetimes use my Sansa Clip+, but mainly the iPhone.
Is there any possible upgrades worth this sort of money, or should I stick with the Hippos which I adore for the most part?

Suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2012, 02:23 PM

P.S I use them on the bassiest setting too... LOL

Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Take a look at the atrophy sets. Seems to be the next logical step. Not sure of their pricing.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 AM

Wellif you like your bass slamming.. Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Pro are consider one of the best bass heavy iems out there without compromising the other frequencies.

Alternative some good top tier names famous for their bass are the Radius HP-TWF11 and they more expensive-improved brothers Radius HP-TWF21. I dont know if they worth the price difference. And also the long live Sennheiser IE8.
There is the newer version of them called IE80. Again, i am not sure your willing to pay more for an updated brother.

Last edited by Angelopsaro; 01-11-2012 at 04:19 AM.