android
Old 01-01-2012, 03:36 PM

Oh, thank you very much for new release once again

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Thanks! Next release will have the auto shutdown for battery low fixed
...and headphone sense committed, since Samsung has been so kind to release (still part) of their module's source code. Thus, the r0Gpio module is finally clearly usable (no need to reverse other code, finally) and so we can commit a cleaner patch
I say partly, cause radio module is still missing (sent another request hehe)

Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM

ok over the christmas holidays i started reading into the code a bit too. didnt have internet at my parents so i couldnt check you new patches.
@Lorenz maybe you can give me contact details for kugel and you on icq, aim, msn or gtalk.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM

In this version, change EQ settings?

Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
ok over the christmas holidays i started reading into the code a bit too. didnt have internet at my parents so i couldnt check you new patches.
@Lorenz maybe you can give me contact details for kugel and you on icq, aim, msn or gtalk.
Should probably check out #rockbox:

http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20120102#14:12:00

Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Should probably check out #rockbox:

http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20120102#14:12:00
I look here also from time to time, but rockbox irc is my favorite channel indeed.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 AM

There is a sound glitch when rb starts to play sound ... doesn't matter whether it's normal music play or sound from rockboy.

I noticed a strange behavior with loading a cover image of a album.
On my r0 I use a folder hierarchy for my music which looks like: [artist]/[album].
In the music files itself there is no cover image - I have a cover.jpg (max. 640x640 Pixel sized) for each album folder. Rb loads the cover.jpg the first time a file from the album is played, but after 2-5 files played from the same folder (which means same album) rb forgets the cover and reloads it.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandfuel View Post
There is a sound glitch when rb starts to play sound ... doesn't matter whether it's normal music play or sound from rockboy.

I noticed a strange behavior with loading a cover image of a album.
On my r0 I use a folder hierarchy for my music which looks like: [artist]/[album].
In the music files itself there is no cover image - I have a cover.jpg (max. 640x640 Pixel sized) for each album folder. Rb loads the cover.jpg the first time a file from the album is played, but after 2-5 files played from the same folder (which means same album) rb forgets the cover and reloads it.
Don't know for the specific rockbox bug BUT an important notice to all!!

For some reasons, if the filesystem is damaged (I mean it needs a scandisk/fsck.vfat), rockbox will use an incredible amount of CPU usage for no reason (ie: 99% instead of 1% while idleing).
To fix that (you face the issue when the battery lasts not so much or you can see abnormal cpu usage in the debug menu...) do a scandisk on windows, or do a fsck.vfat /dev/XXX -a -w on linux, or use some tools!

fsck.vfat is available on our device too, so we could force a check on every R0's startup. But I need to see how much time does it take first of all. Another solution is to check the drive, let's say, every 10 reboots!

@kugel: we need to discuss about this...

EDIT: I guess this shitty behaviour is given by samsungs RFS lol

Old 01-06-2012, 03:17 PM

I am having problems loading Rockbox onto my Samsung R0

I have followed the instructions. I have copied the R0 ROM to the root of the R0 and rebooted for firmware update. I then copied the rockbox folder and the rockbox_loader.sh file to the root then rebooted. I then start the R0 and press and hold the centre button but all I get is a black screen then it switches itself off. What am I doing wrong?

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Samsung Moderator

You probably copied the rockbox folder instead of the .rockbox subfolder

Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM

I copied the right folder. I copied the .rockbox subfolder to the root and still it will not load.

UPDATE

Apologies but the new rockbox release posted here doesn't work with the ROM R0 and rockbox_loader.sh which was included in the Rockbox YPR0 beta1 package which was posted here a couple of months ago. I have got it working now by copying the rockbox folder from the Rockbox_YPR0_beta1 package instead of the .rockbox subfolder which was posted here and now it works a charm

Last edited by Artmuzz; 01-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Samsung Moderator

You just missed firmware 2.30 and newer loader
Beta 1 package is another time...

Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 PM

I originally used firmware 2.30 and newer loader but I was having problems with it so I reverted to the older rockbox build and loader.

UPDATE

I tried the new firmware 2.30 and the new loader again but when I start the R0 and press the centre button to boot nothing happens. Only the Beta 1 package seems to work. So I will stay using beta 1 package.

It looks like the newer rockbox release posted here doesn't work with the most recent newer loader and firmware 2.30. So what I did to get it working was copy the Rockbox folder from the old Beta1 package alongside the newer rockbox release and now it works So I have the new loader and firmware 2.30 working. Only problem is that with the old loader the Graphic EQ was working. Now with the newer loader and firmware 2.20 the graphic EQ doesn't work.

Anyway fantastic news that Rockbox works on the R0 now. Now my Samsung R0 sounds much better

Last edited by Artmuzz; 01-06-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I originally used firmware 2.30 and newer loader but I was having problems with it so I reverted to the older rockbox build and loader.

UPDATE

I tried the new firmware 2.30 and the new loader again but when I start the R0 and press the centre button to boot nothing happens. Only the Beta 1 package seems to work. So I will stay using beta 1 package.

It looks like the newer rockbox release posted here doesn't work with the most recent newer loader and firmware 2.30. So what I did to get it working was copy the Rockbox folder from the old Beta1 package alongside the newer rockbox release and now it works So I have the new loader and firmware 2.30 working. Only problem is that with the old loader the Graphic EQ was working. Now with the newer loader and firmware 2.20 the graphic EQ doesn't work.

Anyway fantastic news that Rockbox works on the R0 now. Now my Samsung R0 sounds much better
Uhm not good that you still use the beta 1....lots of improvements has been done since
Anyway, I hope in a not-to-far future, R0 will be inserted into the build system + available with installer so all users can test it without messing too much hehe

Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 AM

I have used then new improvements but on the new improved rockbox the Graphic EQ doesn't work properly. It worked on the old beta1 release.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:42 AM

I fully agree with Artmuzz, I have all established well, but inability to adjust the EQ and other functions of buttons all the spoils in the latest version.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Samsung Moderator

It's just a keymapping issue that can be easily fixed...

On the contrary beta 1 doesn't have battery management and many other features, that means this is a rather dangerous build....

But do what you want after all

Old 01-09-2012, 10:33 AM

Just to keep you informed from time to time: kugel and others are working on enabling ARM optimizations to rockbox (to reduce as most as possible cpu usage, thus gaining battery life possibly and even better performances).
Then, I read in the irc also about the insertion of YPR0 target in the build system: means having last build available to anyone, also non devs.
Moreover, I worked on multiple keypresses patch: so one of the next build will have this -> better to play gameboy roms And also to fix some keymappings shortcuts...

Things to be still done are:

- Keymappings fix
- SD automount if removed/inserted while rockbox is running
- Radio (samsung hasn't replied yet about my request of si470x.ko module header(s) )
- Usb from rb
- Fix some plugins bug (from Doom crash to digital view of vumeter)

Old 01-09-2012, 01:25 PM

RPG games in gameboy are playable just fine right now (i played crystal pokemons like 3-4 hours overall), of course it would be awesome to have at least a little ability to play some arcade games as well

Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Samsung Moderator

My 16GB R0 is now rockboxed too

Still regularly looking at ebay for a possible 4th R0!
Indeed, definitely better in my hands than in the hands of newbie users thinking about replacing it by an iPod

Last edited by lebellium; 01-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0