android
Old 12-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Default Looking for IEMs for Cowon J3

Hi dfkt ....
Sorry to bother you directly....
My question regards "In Ear headphones"
Look, I've been 'around the bend' to be honest looking at lots of differing alternatives for IEM's.....
And, recently, well 6 months ago bought the Shure se 215's....
Not happy with the sound, had them sent back 'cos I thought they were 'faulty' for some technical reason, but alas have been sent back, inspected, with nothing wrong with them.....
Look, basically, all I want is a good IEM..... I'm not too fussed about all tech specs..... want for snowboarding and general use.....
I listen to music on a Cowon J3, so wanted a comparable set of earphones to complement the mix as such......
Spent a good 100 to no avail
Can you recommend something worthy, don't want "over the ear" options, (not for me.....), and also have small ear canals, so something that's good for this.....
Was looking at varying possibilities, but to be honest just need someone to say "Look, these..... (such and such) are a great choice, good sound, you'll be happy with them.............
Thanks very much in advance.......
Luke

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-19-2011, 04:13 PM

Lukeyp03, what kind of music do you listen to? Do you like lots of bass? Do you like clarity? (Usually can't have both, in that price range) - and so on. It's hard to give a recommendation without knowing a bit more.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Hi, Yeah music is mainly Rock, however quite happily listen to whatever comes through my DAC....... don' t wanna get too technical at this stage but definitely want straight down from ears.... despite ppl saying u need the over ear options to reduce hiss etc....... Yes, clarity is the key, bass not so essential.......
I went with another's recommendation and got the soundMAGIC E10's, they are fine however do have quite a BIG unit upon entering the ear canals..... also the cord fairly flimsy....... any ideas appreciated....... the thing learnt from that member, is that it is not always necessary to spend lots to get "lots" for your money's value.....
Look forward to your views...

Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Hmm, then I would recommend the new Koss KDX200. They are comfortable to wear, sound good, and have fine build quality. Here's a review from a friend of mine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/584482/revi...y#post_7956165 - MSRP is $79, but they can be found for around $40, as far as I know.

Or the Panasonic HJE-900, if you can still find them. My review: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56274

Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Hmm, then I would recommend the new Koss KDX200. They are comfortable to wear, sound good, and have fine build quality. Here's a review from a friend of mine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/584482/revi...y#post_7956165 - MSRP is $79, but they can be found for around $40, as far as I know.

Or the Panasonic HJE-900, if you can still find them. My review: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56274
You should get the KDX200 and tell us your own opinion after you replace the paper filters with some spare mesh

Turn down the volume when playing music. Your ears will thank you.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Yeah, I thought about ripping those paper filters out, for more clarity - but unfortunately they're James444's, they don't belong to me.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Just go ahead and do it, you're not the only one who wants to know...

Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM

Yamaha EPH100, superb sound with excellent quality and fit, and they're so liny so will sit inside the smallest of ears with ease.

They can be had for 80 with a quick google.