android
Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 AM

Default Where can i buy a R0

Sorry for the noob request but i wondering if you guys would know where i would be able to buy a R0, i'm pretty interested in them but its so hard trying to find them without going past the 3 digit value. I'll gladly pay $50 for them if there black

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

The R0 has been discontinued for 1 year now so it will be difficult to find it brand new. For $50 I'm not even sure you can find a second-handed one. You can regularly find some on ebay Europe but they often cost more than €50 so if you convert to dollars...

It's sad it has become so hard to get this wonderful rockboxable mp3 player

edit: http://www.exportprive.com/en/samsun...-8go-noir.html but expensive...

Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 AM

Default Yea i know...

I think i found it for cheap but what do you recommend P3(16gb $25to50) or R0(Pink i dont mind black case would do the trick $71)

Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Samsung Moderator

They are both great players. The R0 has always been my favorite but the 16GB P3 may be a good deal, especially at this price.

The P3 has many more features than the R0 but the touchscreen now looks a bit outdated compared to the today's standards (smartphones). You don't have this feeling with a normal tactile buttons player. And sooner or later you would probably experience the famous deadzones issue due to a manufacturing defect on many LCD panels.

For an Audio use, I would then recommend the R0, especially since it is rockboxable hehe
But well the pink version is ugly and it's more expensive... It's up to you

Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
They are both great players. The R0 has always been my favorite but the 16GB P3 may be a good deal, especially at this price.

The P3 has many more features than the R0 but the touchscreen now looks a bit outdated compared to the today's standards (smartphones). You don't have this feeling with a normal tactile buttons player. And sooner or later you would probably experience the famous deadzones issue due to a manufacturing defect on many LCD panels.

For an Audio use, I would then recommend the R0, especially since it is rockboxable hehe
Pink is awful indeed but R0 is great (rockbox, modded firmware...) hehe....go for it

Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
But well the pink version is ugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Pink is awful indeed

Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM

Default Well

I'm going for the R0 its 66.99 with shipping pretty much 70. I saw another site that has it with a make offer option hopefully and lower it down to 50 atleast. But is there any thing i should get for the R0, is microsd support good? A amazon review says that the PC only recognizes the internal storage.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Noticed you have 3 R0, willing to sell one for a poor chap over at the states

Edit: I'm stuck between two options, Fuze for $39.00(refurb but can get a warranty for 2 years for $10) or R0 $71 (No warranty at all)......and there's kicking the wallet in the gut a R0 brand new but imported $119 (no warranty besides Samsung but yea...)

Last edited by SladeNoctis; 01-04-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeNoctis View Post
But is there any thing i should get for the R0, is microsd support good? A amazon review says that the PC only recognizes the internal storage.
Never heard about such an issue. The PC does recognize both the internal and external memories, don't worry. In the OF the microSD is not integrated with the internal memory into the database but in rockbox it is hehe.

Quote:
Noticed you have 3 R0, willing to sell one for a poor chap over at the states
Nope, but why not buy a 4th one, that's a good idea thanks

Quote:
Edit: I'm stuck between two options, Fuze for $39.00(refurb but can get a warranty for 2 years for $10) or R0 $71 (No warranty at all)......and there's kicking the wallet in the gut a R0 brand new but imported $119 (no warranty besides Samsung but yea...)
The Fuze is not as sexy as the R0

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Never heard about such an issue. The PC does recognize both the internal and external memories, don't worry. In the OF the microSD is not integrated with the internal memory into the database but in rockbox it is hehe.
Oh ok thats sweet didnt want to put a 32gb in there and waste hours scratching my head what happened.

Quote:
Nope, but why not buy a 4th one, that's a good idea thanks
Why no spread the love? Heck i'll even torture myself and use paypal

Quote:
The Fuze is not as sexy as the R0
But is it worth the $30+ difference

Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Why no spread the love?
I can spread the love without giving my devices, just see what I've done here for years now
Actually I have a 4GB Samsung sample/prototype I can't give of course, a 8GB one that Samsung kindly gave me and as 2 devices was not enough for my particular usage I bought a 16GB R0 this summer, was very very hard to find it and very expensive (€130), thus I will never give or sell it, not even let someone touch it!

Quote:
But is it worth the $30+ difference
Objectively not
Subjectively yes

Old 01-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I can spread the love without giving my devices, just see what I've done here for years now
Actually I have a 4GB Samsung sample/prototype I can't give of course, a 8GB one that Samsung kindly gave me and as 2 devices was not enough for my particular usage I bought a 16GB R0 this summer, was very very hard to find it and very expensive (130), thus I will never give or sell it, not even let someone touch it!
Can point me to the direction you found that 16GB R0?

Quote:
Objectively not
Subjectively yes
Ahh that's a tough one , if you were in my shoes what would you do?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Can point me to the direction you found that 16GB R0?
I bought it on this ebay shop http://myworld.ebay.com/tmduk
But of course there is none left, that was in July... Was so hard to get this brand-new 16GB R0 at the time, it's just mission: impossible now I think...

Quote:
Ahh that's a tough one , if you were in my shoes what would you do?
It's impossible for me to be in your shoes and try to think like you, I'm not a normal user, I'm a Samsung Moderator/Insider and MP3 players collector...I don't care spending 30 more bucks if I really want the product
The Fuze is a very good product and therefore is very famous on this forum. But I don't know, I prefer the R0 build quality, the OF UI, the standard microUSB connexion and its tactile buttons without wheel.
On the contrary many people on ABI will tell you they prefer the Fuze for other reasons such as the better microSD integration etc
It's up to you, follow your heart