android
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 AM

Default Transfering my vinyl - advice please

A very Happy Ne Year to everyone!

I have finally got round to organising myself in order to transfer all my old vinyl albums onto my PC.

I realise that this is not directly related to MP3 players, but it's close! I am guessing that many of you have done this in the past, and would like some advice regarding the best software (i.e.simplest!) so that I can start listening to all my music.

I am looking for simplicity rather than ultra high quality as many of the albums are old friends and have been listened to umpteen times!

I have a Denon DP-200USB record deck, and I'm not a purist!

Many thanks

WM

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Maybe use Audacity (free software) and Clickrepair/Denoise (21 day free trial) to record and repair your vinyl.

Here's a thread to get you started: http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=1994&f=28

Old 01-02-2012, 07:43 AM

I agree, and recently used audacity and clickrepair to transfer some vinyl only live albums that are impossible to find in any other medium.

I would not suggest riipping your whole collection if it is of a decent size as it takes forever, and depending upon the local law you may be able to just download a copy of that album as you do own a physical copy.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 01-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Thanks - just waiting for the suitable USB cable to drop through the letter box...... I'l let you know how it goes.

WM

Tags
transferring, vinyl