android
Old 12-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Default About leather cases.

I would normally buy the official case without a doubt, but after looking at these pics, it seems to be really bulky. (pics)

I also found this case on eBay, but I don't know what brand it is. Does anyone know? Link

As well as this one on ExportPrive, it claims to be official but it's clearly not. Link

I want to buy one and if anyone could help me choose which, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Steel; 12-29-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Hate to be a thread bumper, but if anyone can help even a little tiny bit on this I would really appreciate it. Measurements, etc. if you can.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
Hate to be a thread bumper, but if anyone can help even a little tiny bit on this I would really appreciate it. Measurements, etc. if you can.
Hi Steel,

I have the official case, and looking at the picture that you have there it looks bulkier than it really is. I like the quality of it, seems very well made and it contains what I guess is plastic sheets to protect the S9 from bumps and scratches. It also fits very well (as you would hope) and the clasp holds well.

It's also open both ends for easy access to the buttons/usb connector and has a hole on the back where the mic/reset button is.

Measurements wise, it adds around 3mm all round.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 AM

The Ebay one, can't help you with the make, but I can say that there's no hole on the back where the mic/reset button is - whether or not this bothers you I don't know.

As for the last link, this is for the iAudio 9, a different model altogether.

Hope this helps, and a happy new year from Scotland, when it arrives.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 PM

Thanks so much for your response. Did you register just to reply? You are the bomb! Anyway, I decided to go with this no-name brand from Korea, mainly because it looks the slimmest and the clips(?) cover the entire sides of the S9 instead of just the center. Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM

The Cowon leather case I have is really nice, and not at all bulky like that one at Amazon seems to be. Mine's got red padding on the inside and opens to the left instead of to the right (might be that the player is put in the wrong direction there). It absorbs bumps well and is never in the way while pressing buttons or connecting cables. I never take it off.

The thing you decided to buy looks like a huge lump of clumsily finished fake leather in comparison, actually.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
I would normally buy the official case without a doubt, but after looking at these pics, it seems to be really bulky. (pics)

I also found this case on eBay, but I don't know what brand it is. Does anyone know? Link

As well as this one on ExportPrive, it claims to be official but it's clearly not. Link

I want to buy one and if anyone could help me choose which, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The first 2 look almost the same, so really the difference might be the price. The 3rd one you linked to, from ExportPrive, is for the iAudio i9 - it won't fit the Cowon S9.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM

I have 2 S9s (don't ask) and 2 beautiful cases made by Noreve. Noreve isn't cheap, but the cases are top quality, fit snug. I asked them to make them with a clothes-pin clasp so I could hang the Cowon's on my waistband when I go walking. Granted I don't abuse my stuff, but those cases look fairly new but are 2 yrs old. I'd buy the cases again....