android
Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Yes it seems like for now graphical EQ is unusable, i tried every key with long and short presses but nothing is changing.
I think you could use your favourite configuration by editing one of the eq. preset files. When I updated RB, my eq presets were in one of the files I had saved, I loaded it, and now the equaliser is as I want it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM

Yes, but I would always be able to change settings. I just do not understand why change the value of the buttons ...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Don't worry guys!
You need to consider these builds as betas, keymappings are easy to modify, but before doing fine-tunings we need to have a good basis

By the way, I did a battery benchmark and you know what? The battery lasts between 16 and 18 hours!! That's very very good considering that we are still missing optimisations and so forth...

Another thing to say is that I and kugel are working on putting rockbox in the SVN, in other words to make the port even more official

Concluding, merry Christmas you all, have nice holidays (if any ) and say Rockbox Rocks!!! [and be patient for a better build hehe]

Old 12-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Good news in deed, Lorenzo!! 16 hours is great. BTW, do you know whether RB is more battery friendly than r0 (with all sound enhancements off, etc.)??
We'll try to be patient and wait for newer versions as soon as they are properly cooked.
Since then, a merry Christmas to you and the RB-r0 team too!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Yeah very good news
I wish merry christmas to everyone who is working on this rockbox port, you are great!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
Good news in deed, Lorenzo!! 16 hours is great. BTW, do you know whether RB is more battery friendly than R0 (with all sound enhancements off, etc.)??
We'll try to be patient and wait for newer versions as soon as they are properly cooked.
Since then, a merry Christmas to you and the RB-r0 team too!
It's much better - even the first release was. My R0's on all day and i work long hours, previously with R0 app if i played MP3s all day with volume at 24 and EQing / DNSe i'd need to recharge after 9-10 hours, tho the radio lasts much longer of course.

Now with RB playing MP3s all day - with EQing etc - after 10 hours or so i can switch back to R0 and still have 2 bars (~2/3 charge) left, so never need to recharge no matter how late i work (i'm a courier, my R0 is the 'head unit' for my bike's stereo and i haven't yet bothered wiring in a ground loop isolator for power, so battery life is an issue. Or was, anyway..)

But also, i have to say RB sounds better. I'm surprised at this, since i suspect it can't be using all 4 DSPs to full effect as R0 does (perhaps this has also lowered the battery load, as well as dynamic CPU throttling?) but regardless, the tone controls (treble, bass) on RB sound much nicer than any R0 EQ or DNSe settings i've tried, and so much simpler to tweak on the fly.. It's win-win.

Last edited by MrVibrating; 12-24-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:53 AM

The patch has just been comitted! YP-r0 is now an official target for rockbox! Hurrah! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
The patch has just been comitted! YP-r0 is now an official target for rockbox! Hurrah! Merry Christmas!
\o/

Old 12-24-2011, 02:26 PM

That's great news, i guess now main page of rockbox site needs to be updated 'cause rockbox on ypr0 should be considered at least unstable port, even though it's pretty much enough stable for me of course)

Old 12-24-2011, 02:34 PM

It's cool that the yp-r0 patch is now in the repo. \o/

And it's time to add it to the Under Development device list.

I think the battery voltage should be checked every 1 -5 minute(s). The first step is to force rockbox to shutdown the player when the voltage is under 3.450 V - simply read it from /sys/devices/platform/afe.0/adc.

I though about how to calculate the percentage of battery charge.

My first idea was this:
Code:
([current_voltage] - [shutdown_voltage]) / ([maximum_voltage] - [shutdown_voltage])
But I know that the battery voltage decreases not linear over time - especially when the CPU governor is "ondemand".

My second idea:
A battery benchmark should be run at least one time with 200 MHz, 400 MHz and 532 MHz CPU frequency. I expect a specific voltage/time curve for each CPU frequency. A benchmark app running under rb can create a file which contains the voltage datasets recorded every minute.

A good Computer Algebra System (CAS) can find a functions which approximatively fits the data points for one CPU frequency (voltage on abscissa and time on ordinate). Transforming these functions in one function (CPU frequency and voltage as parameters and returns the time) and divide it with the maximum run time at the CPU frequency. This quotient is the percentage of battery charge!

Old 12-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandfuel View Post
It's cool that the yp-r0 patch is now in the repo. \o/

And it's time to add it to the Under Development device list.

I think the battery voltage should be checked every 1 -5 minute(s). The first step is to force rockbox to shutdown the player when the voltage is under 3.450 V - simply read it from /sys/devices/platform/afe.0/adc.

I though about how to calculate the percentage of battery charge.

My first idea was this:
Code:
([current_voltage] - [shutdown_voltage]) / ([maximum_voltage] - [shutdown_voltage])
But I know that the battery voltage decreases not linear over time - especially when the CPU governor is "ondemand".

My second idea:
A battery benchmark should be run at least one time with 200 MHz, 400 MHz and 532 MHz CPU frequency. I expect a specific voltage/time curve for each CPU frequency. A benchmark app running under rb can create a file which contains the voltage datasets recorded every minute.

A good Computer Algebra System (CAS) can find a functions which approximatively fits the data points for one CPU frequency (voltage on abscissa and time on ordinate). Transforming these functions in one function (CPU frequency and voltage as parameters and returns the time) and divide it with the maximum run time at the CPU frequency. This quotient is the percentage of battery charge!
Rockbox handles voltage shutdown using a look up table generated using the battery bench plugin. The table then converts battery voltages into percentages.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:13 AM

Kugel has fixed that
So battery monitoring works and also works charging monitoring (well for now only if charger is connected or not), BUT we have still to fine tune it through the bench plugin!

EDIT: I figured out correctly to use the r0GPIO module
With this, I should be able to implement the headphone sense in RockBox!!

EDIT2: successfully integrated headphone sense

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-26-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 AM

Another really great news! So the only features are not supported yet are usb and radio (about which i couldn't care less)?
Oh, and also working of one or two plugins should be fixed.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Another really great news! So the only features are not supported yet are usb and radio (about which i couldn't care less)?
Oh, and also working of one or two plugins should be fixed.
Which plugins do not work?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Which plugins do not work?
Ok i have noticed at least this ones (actually was surpries that reversi is working)) ):
1) Doom, trying to start it freezes everything and cleans all rockbox settings
2) Snake, cannot press anything.
3) As it was already mentioned here we can't change anything in graphical equalizer
4)don't know what is this for exactly, but when i run md5sum plugin everything just freezes)

EDIT:
Actually i have an issue with rockbox scrobbler, which i mentioned in this thread before: When i resuming track which was played more than 50% , it scrobbles with "L" mark which means that it has been played more than 50%. It leads to double scrobbling, which is little inconvenient.
I actually found this thing in rockbox code:
Quote:
/* check if track was resumed > %50 played
check for blank artist or track name */
if ((id->elapsed > (id->length/2)) ||
(!id->artist ) || (!id->title ) )
{
pending = false;
logf("SCROBBLER: skipping file %s", id->path);
}
If i understand correctly it should work exactly for the case i mentioned, but not working for some reason. I would be very very grateful if you would check also about this issue

Last edited by Predelnik; 12-28-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:35 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Kugel has fixed that
So battery monitoring works and also works charging monitoring (well for now only if charger is connected or not), BUT we have still to fine tune it through the bench plugin!

EDIT: I figured out correctly to use the r0GPIO module
With this, I should be able to implement the headphone sense in RockBox!!

EDIT2: successfully integrated headphone sense
I didn't find the patch on the Fyspray... Can you please release it so that we can test it?

Last edited by lovasoa; 12-30-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
I didn't find the patch on the Fyspray... Can you please release it so that we can test it?
Oh well yeah, you can find the pastebin link on the yesterday's irc log
Please pick the second link, the first wasn't working due to missing device opening ...You should NOT be able to apply it among the the battery monitoring patch...so test it in a fresh svn.

EDIT: maybe later in the afternoon I will try to enable FM radio. Latest tests I did one month ago, I was able to do at least a seek and a get frequency using some ioctls...But we should rebuild a kernel's module with only 2 ioctls: read and write registers,which is missing in samsung's module unfortunately

Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 PM

hi guys! where it is the last rocbox update?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise45 View Post
hi guys! where it is the last rocbox update?
Still not in official builds, but I release one there:
it has battery management (still not sure if the device turns off automaticly when battery is low, but the rest works fine )
PS: it has not the headphone sense, since it's working but needs cleanup and better ioctl discovering

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/rockbox.zip

With this, Have an happy new year full of beautiful things

Old 01-01-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
With this, Have an happy new year full of beautiful things
Great new year's present Lorenzo.
I'll try it at once.

A really good year to you and the "R0-Rockbox team"!

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0