android
Old 12-26-2011, 03:39 AM

Default about r0 id3 tag

Just a question about the id3 tags.
I have this player for long time, but now i need to modify a big number of id3 tags of mp3 stored in the main memory. I would like to know if it is safer to copy the mp3s on a computer and than modify the tags and copy it again on the payer, or if i can change the tags of the mp3 stotred in the main memory directly (with mp3tag) . i am asking because i have read about the problems with the database and i am scared to brick the device. of course i have installed the modify firmware, but i would like to avoid using the restore function if possible

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centa View Post
Just a question about the id3 tags.
I have this player for long time, but now i need to modify a big number of id3 tags of mp3 stored in the main memory. I would like to know if it is safer to copy the mp3s on a computer and than modify the tags and copy it again on the payer, or if i can change the tags of the mp3 stotred in the main memory directly (with mp3tag) . i am asking because i have read about the problems with the database and i am scared to brick the device. of course i have installed the modify firmware, but i would like to avoid using the restore function if possible
Don't be scared of anything, as long as you have my modded firmware you won't brick anything
...And rescue "tools" are completely safe. I've done many and many of other even worse things

Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 PM

centa... always modify id3tags (or any kind of file for that matter) on your computer.
not on any portable device.
make sure you have a backup of those files before!
thouroughly check if the process worked!
dont use itunes!
(i recommend tag&rename for windows)

dont use itunes!

and really do not!