android
Old 12-17-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Mic recording quality Fuze/e200's

I own a Fuze (v2) and I'm disappointed by the irregular interference noise I get when recording the built-in mic. If anybody uses this function on their Fuze or e200 and has noted the presence or abscence of interference noise I'm very curious to hear about it. Thanks.

Last edited by RoadToNever; 12-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToNever View Post
I own a Fuze (v2) and I'm disappointed by the interference noise I get when recording the built-in mic. If anybody uses this function on their Fuze or e200 and has noted the presence or abscence of interference noise I'm very curious to know about it. Thanks.
"interference noise " is maybe a too much generic description, is it like a hiss,white noise,clicks,beeps...?
With offical firmware, on my fuzev2,I hear a weak "beep-tweet" once a second..but it's less dissapointing that with rockbox at 44.1khz, 128kbs,mono or average DAP.
Iriver and cowon have usually had smallest noise on mic rec.
: fuze v2, clip+, clipzip,LG: mffm15, mffm33, Treckstor ibeatcenso and my car's one!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:21 PM

AFAIK all the Sansa DAPs will introduce artifacts into recordings (at least all mine have, e250, various clips). If you want top quality portable recording your going to need a portable digital recorder like an Edirol, Sony or Tascam. Expensive yes but they're designed to produce higher quality recordings.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

I've done further searching and it seems some Sansas are reported as clean others having 'ticking'. I'll try my luck on the marketplace and eBay for some older Fuze versions.