android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 PM

So! The AudioTechnica M30 and M35. I plan on getting the latter, as it is just a foldable version of the M30. With no compromises in isolation and sound quality... right?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

the m40fs sounds decent, pretty flat sound. I like to watch tv and movies with them actually.

JK98, yes, the sony's have been around forever but they also have their detractors. they are a good option but are not the end all for every buyer or the holy grail of their price bracket. he stretched his budget to 6 over but you jumped it 15 over and that was never mentioned as an option. We get it , you like them. that is now established. lets move on

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

the ARH-M35 is now $48 on Amazon. I guess if he doesn't want to spend the extra $17 and get the V6, then perhaps he should get the the ATH-M35. I was just thinking that $17 extra divided over the 23 years I have the V6 is less than $1 a year.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didu50 View Post
So! The AudioTechnica M30 and M35. I plan on getting the latter, as it is just a foldable version of the M30. With no compromises in isolation and sound quality... right?
My sincere advice to you right now is, if you have the available funds, and can tie them up for two weeks, order both from a reputable seller, direct returns to amazon I have had no problems with personally, and try both. Failing that try an audio store close to you where you can test both headsets yourself without splashing the cash (occasionally if you take proof of pricing from another retailer like amazon, stores will have a best price guarantee and match it for you then and there so you could be doing yourself a favor there).

Some may see headphones as durable, isolating and downright perfect, others will break them within a week and claim they are shoddy quality or didn't isolate at all due to their ear shape (very large ears, very small ears, ears that protrude from the head more than others etc etc). Everything is subjective when talking about headphones, only you know how you are going to use them, testing them on your head is the only way to say whether or not they do what you want them to. Foldable cans can sometimes be more delicate, or more wiggly in fit, depends what feels right to you, I could never get on with them, for you they could be perfect

Stuff: Nokia Lumia 800, Sansa Clip+ 8gb+32gb card, Zune 30, Sony MDR EX35, Radiopaq Pop/Rock/Jazz, Phonak Audéo PFE 012, Panasonic RP-HTx7

Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

One option briefly mentioned earlier is the JVC HAM750. It is extremely efficient at 115 db/mw. It is 32 ohms and isolates very well. It is said to be on the bassy side(I haven't heard it yet, just read several reviews).

I just checked the price on the Sony V6. It just spiked up to $80 after being at $65 for a very long time. I wonder if it will drop back to $65 or even less in January.

Last edited by JK98; 12-13-2011 at 12:48 AM.