android
Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVibrating View Post
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but i'm curious whether the "sound settings" (bass, treble, EQ etc.) will apply to the radio too? Or are these functions specific to file playback, like on the R0 app?
Indeed they are.
These settings are software stuff (modifications on digital audio stream). The radio doesn't pass through software.
The radio chip outputs analog audio that's mixed in the as3543 codec to the headphone out directly

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 PM

Ah well, pity but thanks for clarifying..!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Is there a svn repository or download to get the newest code/patches for the R0?

I see at heise online (a German tech news site) that Rockbox is now 10 years old and there is a new version of Rockbox is released (see http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes310).

PS: I found the rockbox repo on my own.

Last edited by fireandfuel; 12-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Samsung Moderator

The R0 is not yet included in the SVN but should be soon

We did not release the ALSA patch here yet because there are issues with the CPU frequency (should be variable but seems constant 532MHz), the battery indicator still doesn't work and the ROM needs some changes.

But don't worry, the progress is fast!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 AM

I ask for the patches because I'm a computer science student.
My skills with C are not that enormous good, but I think it good enough to understand the source code.
I'm more familiar with Java.

The patches are available at http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12348 , doesn't it?

PS: It really annoying that I have to press the middle button for some seconds to start Rockbox. It will be much nicer when the R0 asks me either Rockbox or Muon (I thing that's the name of the R0's default app) should be started by default.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:13 PM

i actually disagree.. atm this hole rockbox porting project is in an early stage (works preeety fine though ) and i guess the majority still uses the native software

of course at some point in the future there should be a way to change between both easily
(e.g. existence of a file called "_rb" or so)

btw it's a long tramp from C to Java.. or any OOP-Language for that matter.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk_ View Post
i actually disagree.. atm this hole rockbox porting project is in an early stage (works preeety fine though ) and i guess the majority still uses the native software

of course at some point in the future there should be a way to change between both easily
(e.g. existence of a file called "_rb" or so)

btw it's a long tramp from C to Java.. or any OOP-Language for that matter.
I actually using rockbox only, from the first date it has been released, because it's a lot easier there to scrobble last.fm tracks, the only things that bothers me are scratches in audio (sometimes they appear quite often) and the problem with scrobbling that i describe above.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM

There are no more "scratches in audio" in the new version, thanks to kugel's work. Lorenz092: Maybe you should release this new version. The "scratches" are very annoying...

Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
There are no more "scratches in audio" in the new version, thanks to kugel's work. Lorenz092: Maybe you should release this new version. The "scratches" are very annoying...
We will that indeed. Just wait a little more

I noticed that the ALSA build was using too much CPU. Now I increased the buffer_size size from 16 to 32 (* MIN_FRAME_SIZE) and seems that now it's running mainly @ 200 mhz. A good thing!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM

I only use RB now too.
Gapless, cover art with my Flacs, the music automatically starts playing the last song in the last position, one library. What's not to like? The only drawback is pressing the middle button. Sometimes my finger slips and it's so annoying . That's alot of compared to . But then I only listen to music.
I don't get a lot of scratches but the automatic playback on power up is a bit finicky sometimes.
Looking forward to the new updates

Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
I only use RB now too.
Gapless, cover art with my Flacs, the music automatically starts playing the last song in the last position, one library. What's not to like? The only drawback is pressing the middle button. Sometimes my finger slips and it's so annoying . That's alot of compared to . But then I only listen to music.
I don't get a lot of scratches but the automatic playback on power up is a bit finicky sometimes.
Looking forward to the new updates
Thanks for report

Indeed, in the next firmware I will place the possibility to choose RockBox or original app in some way...Or at least make an option to select whether keep pressed the key to start RB or OF and viceversa!

Old 12-10-2011, 09:12 AM

Please, upload new compiled rockbox ^ revision.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimonp View Post
Please, upload new compiled rockbox ^ revision.
Please read posts #464 and #469
We have nothing more to say atm, we just don't want to release shitty build but want to offer you something really cool.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:33 PM

hey guys your progress is amazing.

If you share sources, I could help abit as well, as I currently have some spare time (finallllyyy) left.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

Slade, you're alive!!

PS: You know what, I live in Berlin now hehe

Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
hey guys your progress is amazing.

If you share sources, I could help abit as well, as I currently have some spare time (finallllyyy) left.
hi slade, happy you're back

Indeed in the meanwhile we have done some work, now it's time for me to be busy a bit, so a help would be very interesting

You can find latest patch (which needs some tune to make it work, better the last but one) on the rockbox patch flyspray (ticket 12348 if I remember well). You should give a check into the rockbox iirc, kugel has now a R0 and was helping too. He (or me) can advise you!!

EDIT: kugel just released another patch, on the way to testing it
changelog:

New toolchain: http://www.alice-dsl.net/simonemarti...ux-gnueabi.zip (for 64bit linux)
Bump alsa buffer for less cpu usage and cpu freq stats (thanks to lorenzo)
Significantly changed keymaps.
Fixed LCD

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-13-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM

ok cool thanks i'get started soon. could anybody link me the rockbox booting firmware on multipupload please?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM

I compiled Rockbox on my own. It's now r31247M-111214 with yp-r0 patch 12 on my R0.

I got a working Rockbox after 5 builds.
The first 2 builds don't want to run because I used Ubuntu's default ARM gnueabi compiler, 2 builds I created with Sourcery G++ Lite compiler (runs, but I set up the rockbox folder not correctly -> no apps available). The last build with the new 64bit compiler and patch 12 runs nearly perfect.

No sound glitches anymore.
The keymaps are better, but the left-down "..."-Button seems to have no function.
I can't open the context menu at the file browser or at playing screen.

I release my Rockbox build, but without any guarantee (that it works) and no support included. That's at your own risk! I'm not a Rockbox developer - so it's unofficial.

A new rockbox_loader.sh is included at the archive. Simply extract the rockbox_loader.sh (the old one will be overwritten) and .rockbox folder from to archive to the main folder of your R0.

My release is only for testing - DO NOT DELETE THE OLD ROCKBOX FOLDER! If you want to use the old Rockbox release, change line 111 at rockbox_loader.sh from
Code:
cd /mnt/media0/.rockbox
to
Code:
cd /mnt/media0/rockbox
(remove the dot before "rockbox").

If you are a Windows user please edit the file with Notepad++ (get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) instead of Windows Notepad.

My unofficial Rockbox build:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3EYFDTJ9 (it's outdated - please use Lorenz's release!)

PS: WPS and SBS file notation is simply horrible. I think it's better to replace both notation with a xml or json like notation.

Last edited by fireandfuel; 12-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:41 PM

@fireandfuel can you send me your rockbox build? thanks a lot

Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem29 View Post
@fireandfuel can you send me your rockbox build? thanks a lot
@fireandfuel: which rom are you running atm? the first one I shipped?

Anyway, here the -more- official build of rockbox, the latest svn, with also the flac issue solved

The rockbox package to be extracted as is in the root: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/rockbox.zip
The loader to be replaced in the root: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/rockbox_loader.sh
The new ROM to flash as always: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/R0.ROM

Install everything as always. You can now use themes without renaming the theme paths in the various skin files
NOTE: if you use lebellium's theme, please redownload latest version from rockbox theme site, you can find it under the toshiba gigabeat section...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-14-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0