android
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Default Sansa Clip+: First Water Damage, Now No Rockbox Display

This is a Rockbox on a Sansa Clip+ issue.

A couple days ago my Clip+ took a quick dip in a tub. I yanked it out before it was fully submerged, and it was out of order for a few days.

I disassembled the device and packed it in rice for a few days, and it started up again. However, it will only boot into the original firmware -- it won't properly boot into Rockbox.

It actually will boot into Rockbox, and I can hear sound, but the only thing that appears are a few very bright blue dots at the bottom of the screen.

I can change tracks, alter the volume, and apparently do anything you're supposed to be able to do with it; there's just no display to be seen.

I reformatted the device with the Sansa firmware and tried reinstalling Rockbox, and had the same result.

Since the Sansa firmware is working and the display there seems fine, I'm not sure what's up with the Rockbox firmware. Any ideas?

Just to clarify:

Sansa firmware works fine
Rockbox firmware has no display (except for a few dots at the bottom of the screen)

Last edited by mxyzptlk; 12-05-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 AM

UPDATE

The standard Sansa Clip+ firmware had recently been updated from 1.02.15 to 1.02.16. I originally had Rockboxed my Clip+ with 1.02.15 firmware, and that worked fine. But apparently the problem was with the 1.02.16 firmware -- that doesn't seem to play well with Rockbox.

But Rockbox seems to work again with the 1.02.15 firmware, and I guess that's problem solved.

Tags
clip+, display, rockbox