android
Old 12-03-2011, 10:14 PM

Question kizune's uci's: can i use all 3 or just 1 of the 3. its unclear

I'm confused, do i download all 3 uci's and load all 3 on, or do i have to pick one of the 3 and just go with that..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2011, 02:57 AM

There are three separate UCI's from Kizune:

(1) Lynx, which is the main menu (desktop) replacement

(2) Sense, which is the music player replacement

(3) Leaf, which is the browser replacement

You can install any one, two or all three of them. Whatever you don't install will simply remain the Cowon factory interface.

But Sense and Leaf really do work very well together, and there is a great deal of additional very worthwhile functionality in both of them. So it makes no sense (no pun intended) to install just one and not both of these.

And Lynx is just a replacement for one of the three alternative desktop main menu layouts Cowon provides. So you choose the Cowon one you LEAST LIKE or are least likely to every want to use, and then you install Lynx to replace that one. The remaining two Cowon desktop interfaces remain available and active, so you still have three alternative desktop presentations to use... one of which being Lynx, and the other two being from Cowon. Your choice is made by renaming the "mainmenuN.swf" file to either mainmenu1.swf, mainmenu2.swf or mainmenu3.swf once you download the Lynx installation file, un-zip it, and copy its contents into the \System\Flash UI folder on internal storage of the J3.

The so-called installation of all three UCI's is really nothing more than downloading the three ZIP files, and un-zipping them, and then copying all three un-zipped contents into the \System\Flash UI folder of the J3's internal storage. So-called un-installation is really nothing more than deleting the appropriate set of files/folders from \System\Flash UI and the Cowon functionality will immediately return (since the Kizune UCI has been deleted).

Old 12-04-2011, 05:07 AM

thx for clearing up that confusion, there seems to be a download bug on "senses", will have to wait till kizune fixes it (have emailed him).

As for the 3 main menu layouts, i've not found how to implement them yet. any hints?

Old 12-04-2011, 07:06 AM

When you power on the J3, the stock Cowon main menu appears. In the lower-right corner is the "power on/off" button.

If you drag that power button to the left, it will reveal three icons. Each icon corresponds to the main menu formats 1, 2, and 3. Tap on whichever format you want to see, and that becomes your main menu choice until you repeat the process and change to another main menu format.

Lynx itself has a slightly different way of getting to the main menu selection popup, but the above screenshot (which is taken from the PDF user manual for the J3, available from the Cowon site) is how the stock Cowon main menu selection works.