android
Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 PM

Question Meizu M6 battery replacement..

is the battery for the m6 user-replaceable..? what's the battery specs on this thing..?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 AM

The battery is not user-replaceable without some difficulty. It was not designed to be. The specs as far as capacity are not known.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:08 AM
ABI Founder

The battery is rated at 700 mha

Old 07-19-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meizujeff
The battery is not user-replaceable without some difficulty. It was not designed to be. The specs as far as capacity are not known.
too bad.. i was planning on waiting up for this one.. i guess it's back to either e200 or z5 for me.. it looks perfect though.. standard usb, audio, video, picture, text capable features, big screen, scratch resistance, etc.. oh yeah.. they could have used a better battery too..

Old 07-19-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifelseki
too bad.. i was planning on waiting up for this one.. i guess it's back to either e200 or z5 for me.. it looks perfect though.. standard usb, audio, video, picture, text capable features, big screen, scratch resistance, etc.. oh yeah.. they could have used a better battery too..
Why would you go back to those players? This one is easily better... remember that batteries normally last 2-3years and by that time you move on to another player anyway.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meizujeff
Why would you go back to those players? This one is easily better... remember that batteries normally last 2-3years and by that time you move on to another player anyway.
true.. but i just hate it when i don't have the option of repairing something.. plus i can't hand it down if it can't be as easy as replacing a dvd drive once it's broken down.. it would have been really nice if the batteries in the meizu m6 can be replaced with a better one or if the one it already has breaks down.. as enzoten pointed out 700mah.. if i'm not mistaken, more juice can probably give this player longer battery life..

Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 AM

you might have to exchange the charge controller, too.

Personally, I'm also concerned what the device will do on a broken battery. Are you able to use it with an external charger?

For iPod nano I was told: no chance.

Don't know about Meizu or iriver

Old 08-07-2006, 09:50 AM

I have read that the iriver clix/u10 comes with replaceable batteries.
I believe a procedure to replace a M6 battery will be available as these players become more popular...

Old 08-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Exclamation Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifelseki
true.. but i just hate it when i don't have the option of repairing something.. plus i can't hand it down if it can't be as easy as replacing a dvd drive once it's broken down.. it would have been really nice if the batteries in the meizu m6 can be replaced with a better one or if the one it already has breaks down.. as enzoten pointed out 700mah.. if i'm not mistaken, more juice can probably give this player longer battery life..
well to my understanding you want to replace a battery that has more power to insure a longer battery life compared to the 20 hour life usage, then what the company has designated and most likely tested for safety (meaning that the battery won't explode in your pocket or hand) which could ruin your most valued parts in the end of a good idea gone bad. This is not advisable by The John Waller foundation of the Safety and Watch Out Moron Alert Institute.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have an old Zen Micro. When I bought it I was worried about having to replace the battery, so I also bought a spare batt. Now the player is more than 1 year and a half old, and I haven't noticed any degradation in battery life so far. I still get between 12 and 14 hours of playback time.

Since I already have a Zen Vision:M, I'm thinking of selling the old Zen Micro. I'll end up giving the spare battery away with it.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 PM

I bought a digital camera that uses AA batteries because I didn't want the expense of replacing proprietary battery on the newer version- but yo uso rarely have to replace lithium batteries that I don't think it should be a primary issue. If you have to ratcht the case open once every two years, so what?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM

It uses a li-polymer battery which rated at 850mAh. But I think you need to solder this battery to the M6
http://www.batteryforum.org/t861-mei...ry-b424243#902