android
Old 11-25-2011, 02:17 AM

Default Clip+ OF will not boot

Longtime lurker, first time I've encountered a problem that hasn't been solved on the forums.

I have a Rockboxed (3.8.1) Clip+ and cannot boot into original firmware. Rockbox works perfectly, but when I try to connect the Clip+ to my PC via USB, boots until the flower, restarts, and then freezes at the flower.

When I try to boot with the power + home key combo (not connected to USB), it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop after refreshing the database about 1/4.

Resets do nothing, nor does forcing MSC. Currently running down the battery to see if that will do anything.

While not a -huge- issue, not being able to mount the internal storage means that I can't update firmware, and I've lost the 4gb of internal storage.

Thanks in advance-

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Administrator

I'd try the directions at the bottom of the Rockbox AMS Status page.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

The one time I used it I had to try it several times to get the timing right.

Once you get it connected I'd check the file system for errors. I was using a USB enabled build that caused file corruption and it seems that may have been the problem.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. Any hints re: timing? I've tried it about a dozen different ways, and all it does is hang on the 'Refreshing Your Media' screen.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Administrator

I don't remember the exact details of when I had the problem booting to the OF. I had the problem quite a while back but I used the same procedure. The only other thing I can think is to remove the card if it's still in. That will sometimes stop it from booting properly.