android
Old 11-20-2011, 02:14 PM

And, Lorenz092, when I compile rockbox for my iPod from the svn with your patches applied, I get a lot of "warnig SAMSUNG_YPR0_PAD not defined". Do you know does it come from?

And how could I access the keypad from a C application? Can I use the SDL, or must I do it the way you did it in button-ypr0.c, by reading /dev/r0Btn?

Last edited by lovasoa; 11-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
And, Lorenz092, when I compile rockbox for my iPod from the svn with your patches applied, I get a lot of "warnig SAMSUNG_YPR0_PAD not defined". Do you know does it come from?

And how could I access the keypad from a C application? Can I use the SDL, or must I do it the way you did it in button-ypr0.c, by reading /dev/r0Btn?
Uhm for the defines I need to double check ...

And for the keys, yes, you need to open /dev/r0Btn since there is no default keyboard input related to the keypad...moreover you cannot use SDL for graphics because kernel lacks virtual terminal and this cannot be built as a loadable module. Recompiling the kernel by us produces strange bugs with OF and even with rockbox (display sleep crashes etc)

Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM

Release rockbox with patch volume.
And when System Checking I get off the clock. Sorry for my english...

Old 11-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_soul View Post
Release rockbox with patch volume.
And when System Checking I get off the clock. Sorry for my english...
The rockbox build I provided earlier has the volume patch...

Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Could you please tell me in which file(s) does this occur? Because I have an idea but I cannot find precisely where...Thanks

EDIT: I guess that it's time to implement power management but I see this part as difficult for me to understand how rb manages that So maybe some hints? I mean what functions are necessary, what is to be removed of simulator ecc...Many thanks!

Last edited by Lorenz092; 11-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Can't you just compile the ipod build directly? Probably a good idea to build a few different targets just to make sure you haven't missed any #ifdefs.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
EDIT: I guess that it's time to implement power management but I see this part as difficult for me to understand how rb manages that So maybe some hints? I mean what functions are necessary, what is to be removed of simulator ecc...Many thanks!
You should probably discuss this in IRC. Since you're port is a hybrid of app and firmware I'm not 100% sure how this will work.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Could you please tell me in which file(s) does this occur? Because I have an idea but I cannot find precisely where...Thanks

In every file that makes reference to SAMSUNG_YPR0_PAD... But that's not the most important. Did you manage to build the latest svn?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
In every file that makes reference to SAMSUNG_YPR0_PAD... But that's not the most important. Did you manage to build the latest svn?
No didn't try yet. Will do that, right now I was experimenting with /.rockbox folder. Indeed, mount --bind /mnt/media0/rockbx /.rockbox does the trick.
Of course rockbox must be recompiled and a new rom (with the created folder) is needed. Seems to work fine.

@saratoga: you are right. I now posted something in the right thread too!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I just tried to compile with Sourcery G++ Lite, and it works. But it bugs me to use a proprietary 32bit software.

EDIT: here is the latest rockbox revision (with the new "Shortcuts" functionnality, and other patches by Lorenzo92): http://dl.free.fr/nOaf8zWXr .
Don't know why but after i installed this version some roms that were working with rockboy before started to give me "not enought memory" error.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

For Rockboy the problem is probably that you play a music at the same time. Stop the music playback and try to load the ROM again

Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Don't know why but after i installed this version some roms that were working with rockboy before started to give me "not enought memory" error.
The point is that I should investigate if all the 12 mb of ram that are still free after rockbox bootup, are sometimes or never used (even if necessary)

EDIT: was digging for the radio thing. I guess that the samsung module for it has no direct acess to registers via ioctl, only some common functions like set frequency etc. But since this is already implemented in RB, a good way to workaround that is to reverse the module initialization and build another one with only register read/write capability. But don't know if I am able to do this
OR, alternately I could try guessing the ioctl structures (as I did with ascodec) till to be able to use these functions

si470x.ko -> radio
dev -> /dev/si470x
0xA -> seek
0xD -> RSSI info (RDS???)
0xC -> set rds
0x8 -> set signal level???
0x4 __ 0x6 -> set radio region
0x1 -> get frequency
0x2 -> set frequency
0x0 -> close radio

But ok this is to be posted also on rockbox forum!

EDIT2:

@lovasoa: maybe I found why you get all the warnings
Try to place this in the config.h file!
--- other pad defines ---
#define SAMSUNG_YPR0_PAD 53

EDIT3: okay. All the techy things are to be discussed there from now
We keep this thread for both user experiences and small (compilation, installation etc) problems.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,26103.0.html

Last edited by Lorenz092; 11-22-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zema View Post
Good day! Why do I have Rockbox does not run every time? And is it possible to make the power button does not Rockbox central key, such as "up" or "down"? Just the central key is very inconvenient ...
The same me: I get RB once for 5+ re-boots. :|
PLS put it on another but not the central button!!!
(thx)

Old 11-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Why, after I turn off rockbox, and then turn on the player as usual, there is a system checking, so it should be?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Why, after I turn off rockbox, and then turn on the player as usual, there is a system checking, so it should be?
Uhm no.Boot the original firmware. Then turn off + reset player. Now you shouldn't get any other sys checking possibly

Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Uhm no.Boot the original firmware. Then turn off + reset player. Now you shouldn't get any other sys checking possibly
In fact of the matter is that even after rebooting the original firmware is the same thing, and it began to occur after you install the latest version of rockbox http://dl.free.fr/nOaf8zWXr. I have already returned to the previous one, and reinstalled several times the original firmware and nothing changes.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
In fact of the matter is that even after rebooting the original firmware is the same thing, and it began to occur after you install the latest version of rockbox http://dl.free.fr/nOaf8zWXr. I have already returned to the previous one, and reinstalled several times the original firmware and nothing changes.
I guess you reset the player while the original application is still running.
This is the ONLY way to trigger a system check, otherwise it's not possible (trust me, I've resetted player tons of time while developing).
This is the RFS. What I should do, is reading the source code of it that I found on a chinese site (leaked).
So please, turn on original app. Turn off payer. Press reset hole and start rockbox. If system checking runs even after rockbox, well, I have no idea why does it happen! Maybe try to run a scandisk on the player or so.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I guess you reset the player while the original application is still running.
This is the ONLY way to trigger a system check, otherwise it's not possible (trust me, I've resetted player tons of time while developing).
This is the RFS. What I should do, is reading the source code of it that I found on a chinese site (leaked).
So please, turn on original app. Turn off payer. Press reset hole and start rockbox. If system checking runs even after rockbox, well, I have no idea why does it happen! Maybe try to run a scandisk on the player or so.
Thanks for the help, I will try.Аnd maybe that sound in the latest version of the RB differ from the sound in the first version,or not?And how do they differ, except "Shortcuts"?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I will try.Аnd maybe that sound in the latest version of the RB differ from the sound in the first version,or not?And how do they differ, except "Shortcuts"?
You can see all the recent rockbox updates here: http://www.rockbox.org/since-4weeks.html.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Samsung Moderator

lol a Russian guy with a poor camera and who did not understand how to avoid the "system checking" made a video. OMG that's just terrible without macro mode and autofocus
Seriously I don't understand those people who dare to upload so shitty quality videos on YT. Better no video than that. Isn't it any respect for the viewer?! It's as if I used my Nokia 6600 camera to make my reviews...

The Rockboxed R0 deserves a good full HD video

Last edited by lebellium; 11-24-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0