android
Old 03-22-2010, 06:43 AM

Default Album Art low quality issue - MP3tag - Media Monkey

Hi all,

I know that there is 2-3 threads on album art issues with the X-Series, but none of them seem to be the same problem I'm experiencing. I'm on the ball when it comes to tagging and so on....

Basically, the art work I'm getting from either MP3tag or Media Monkey is coming up on the X-Series in a very distorted quality. I've tried downloading higher quality jpg from the web and adding the image manually on Mp3tag. But once I re transfer the album back onto the Walkman the quality is still very low, nothing seems to improve the quality - all images are jpg and the correct resolution.

Please could someone please tell me what is the best method to resolve this issue if they have been through this ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2010, 08:38 AM

Oh, I've jsut figured it out.................wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo !!!

Don't use the Media Manager PRO software, if you manually add the pre-tagged MP3 files through Windows, all album art is transferred in high quality. Don't transfer using Media Manager PRO, it appears that software ruins the album art work.

Happy Days... My X-Series looks the DOGS now !!! Anyone else with this problem should do this method as it sorts it out.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey glad you got it sorted out...I assume Media Manager Pro is some kind of Sony software? Myself, I never install that kind of stuff unless I absolutely have to to avoid just such issues...

Also, don't know about the X-series, but on my E Series 345, it is able to view embedded album art up to 600x600 [with file sizes lower than 75-100k so far] - I was monkeying around to see the largest dimensions I could use.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 AM

Could you guys please help me on this issue. I would like to add cover art to the songs, but don't know how. From the WIndows Media Player 11, it does show the cover art each time I play any song. I scan and change it to "folder.jpg", but on the Sony X1061, though the cover is there but it does not show. what should I use? "Folder.jpg" ? or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM

1.Add the MP3s On Winamp
2.Select All>Right Click>Send To > Auto tag
3.Mp3s get Searched and tagged by Gracenote (one Of the Best,Superb genre taggin)
4.tag and exit
5.Fire up mediamonkey
6.Load Those Mp3s up In MM
7.Ctrl+A>Ctrl+L
8.Amazon tag Window opens
9.Most Likely ur Album Is Found
10.Uncheck every Field except cover and Comment (Album art Is the Best,500x500,Displayed on every DAP | Album review/Info as comments Love It )
11.Ctrl+A>Tools>Scripts>Case checker
12.Tag And exit

This Is how i do it.IMo 500x500 AA Is the Best
And U really Dont Need A Standalone application for Taggin

Tip : To Show Those Lovely AAs as cover Pics in Windows 7,Delete all ur Music from WMP Library,Use CCleaner and delete every thumbs.db file u find,Load up WMP,Readd all ur Music and Voila!

Query : Anybody Know how to Pull Info from iTunes and Tag ?

Papa.Roach FTW.Period.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 PM

ALSO WMP RUINS COVER ART BY PLACING A 200x200 CRAP, so Use MP3 TAG ONLY to embed

Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
ALSO WMP RUINS COVER ART BY PLACING A 200x200 CRAP, so Use MP3 TAG ONLY to embed
WMP sucks all around, but there's no need to shout about it.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM

For me the following resolutions are the okay:

a) 300x300 Ok
b) 400x400 ok too
c)500x500 Good
d) 600x600 or more Excellent

Old 11-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't it mean that embedding cover art into each track I am expanding the file size? Is there a way to add cover art once for album?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Embedding album art does increase the size of each file by the size of the picture. Depending on the size of the jpg being embedded it can add up to quite a bit. You can save some space by reducing the size of the file before you embed it. I've used IrfanView along the RIOT plugin to reduce a 1.34 MB file down to 24 Kb and couldn't tell the difference on the screen of the smaller players I have. YMMV.

AFAIK no one has found a way to make Sonys show AA without embedding it. Several other players allow what you're looking at by putting a single .jpg named either folder or cover.jpg in the same folder as the album. That's as far as I know. Someone else may know a way to do it without embedding.