android
Old 11-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default R0 Rockbox Theme: lebellium Samsung-like

Here is the 1st RB theme dedicated to the R0 (of course the themes for Toshiba Gigabeat/Sansa Fuze+ also work on R0 since it's the same screen resolution)

v 0.82:

v0.91:

v1.50:

v1.60:

This theme is inspired from the R0 now playing screen that I like pretty much. I just changed and added some things that I really miss in the official firmware.
So you'll find like on the now playing screen from the official firmware:
-Big album art
-Random picture when no album art
-Volume graphic bar

What's more here:
- Thicker progress bar (7px height vs 3px in the official firmware)
- File codec and bitrate
- Numeric volume
- 12 OR 24hrs clock
- Playlist position
- Mini-player while navigating in the menus
- Album year
- Accurate colored battery indicator

Known issues:
- it's possible the album art only displays in the mini-player and not on the while playing screen after installing this theme. I guess that's partly due to the RB theme engine limitations. It can't load properly complex codes like mine.
However, initializing the database seems to fix this issue, then the album art displays properly.

You can download it here http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1806 or in attachment.

Changelog:

Version 1.67 - March, 28th 2013
- Fix battery indicator code
- FM radio: Fix signal strength code
- Code cleanup

Version 1.65 - March, 14th 2013
- Enable the graphical volume bar in the menus for targets with dedicated volume buttons (Fuze+ for example)
- Mini-player: Display first and second directory from end of file path if no artist and album id3tags
- Add recording icon
- FM radio: Re-enable RDS text scrolling
- Code cleanup

Version 1.60 - November, 20th 2012
- FM radio: New signal strength icons
- While Playing Screen: Display first and second directory from end of file path if no artist and album id3tags
- While Playing Screen: Add scrolling for longer File Codecs (ex: AAC-HE)
- Add numeric battery indicator that displays in Stop, Pause and FM modes. In "Play" status the playlist position displays instead
- Theme files renamed from "lebellium Samsung-like" to "lebellium_Samsung-like"
- Code cleanup
- Remove useless spaces from various icons to save some bytes

Version 1.50 - March, 25th 2012
- The UI (menu) viewport finally displays full screen when the mini-player is OFF! (code rewrite to include the latest skins engine improvements)
- Flashing battery indicator when low battery
- Doesn't display repeat/shuffle mode indicators as well as the playlist position in the menus status bar in recording and FM radio modes.
- FM radio: stereo icon redesigned
- FM radio: displays the preset name in scan mode too (if no RDS data)
- FM radio: doesn't display "searching..." if the tuner is not tuned but the RDS name or preset name is displayed
- FM radio: displays flashing "No Preset" instead of "/0" if preset mode enabled while there is no preset.

Version 1.01 - January, 8th 2012
- Fix this coding mistake: the battery indicator doesn't show up when battery is full

Version 1.00 - December, 11th 2011
- First release on http://themes.rockbox.org/
- Uses the new default rockbox icons
- Changes the background color of the status bar viewports so that it doesn't look too ugly when using the text_viewer for example
- Enlarges the menu viewport by 5px
- Enlarges the clock viewport by 2px so that time display is not cut off anymore
- Enlarges the mini-player viewport by 4px

Version 0.91 - December, 4th 2011
- FM UI added
- FM radio added to mini-player
- Font change (Nimbus replaced by DroidSans-Bold)
- Adds "dB" after the numeric volume when repeat mode is OFF
- Resizes the height of the volume bar so that it doesn't cut the characters from the artist name and file bitrate

Version 0.82 - November, 11th 2011
- First public release

Your feedbacks are welcomed
Attached Files
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v0.82.zip (495.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v1.01.zip (617.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v1.50.zip (638.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_240x320_v1.60.zip (602.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_240x320_v1.67.zip (598.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by lebellium; 03-28-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
(Lorenzo tried some experiments lol)
Wasn't really useful having a self changing animation without any useful meaning :P

Anyway, yes I used this theme since he made it and is very very nice
So a public thanks to you hihi

Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 PM

Thanks for the theme. It's nice to find a familiar "face" on my "new" player!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Rockbox is awesome work on R0. Theme is also great one. Thanx a lot for both.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Why do the album art display only in the mini-player, and not in the WPS? Is it a bug or a feature?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Samsung Moderator

Please read the whole 1st post, including the "known issues".
If the issue still occurs then please let me know.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM

Will we able to to have album art with Flac, do you think?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Would be possible to get the other R0 firmware backgrounds? I prefer the black background (forgot the name of the style).

Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

@Appick: Album art is related to RB features and not to our R0 port or my theme

As far as I know, Rockbox only supports embedded album arts in id3v2 and MP4 tags. For FLAC you have to use the cover.jpg or folder.jpg trick.

However, I still have to make some tests to understand why on my theme the album art only displays in the mini-player sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbox manual
C.21.2 Where to put album art

The pictures can be named a number of different ways, and placed to a number of different locations. You can have pictures specific to the file or the album or use a generic picture. You can place the picture in the same directory as the file, in the parent directory or in a fixed directory named /.rockbox/albumart/. The order Rockbox uses when looking for a picture is as follows (a list in braces means that those file extensions are tried in that order):

1. embedded (JPEG images in ID3v2 or MP4 tags only) 2. ./filename.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} 3. ./albumtitle.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} 4. ./cover.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} 5. ./folder.jpg 6. /.rockbox/albumart/albumartist-albumtitle.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} 7. ../albumtitle.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} 8. ../cover.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Would be possible to get the other R0 firmware backgrounds? I prefer the black background (forgot the name of the style).
Everything is theoretically possible but of course I don't have time to satisfy every personal request. Changing the background requires changing several other things. If you want it, I suggest you to pick up the background you want in the R0 Sysdata (see modded fw 2.20) and then read the tutorial for themes: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS

Last edited by lebellium; 11-15-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Everything is theoretically possible but of course I don't have time to satisfy every personal request. Changing the background requires changing several other things. If you want it, I suggest you to pick up the background you want in the R0 Sysdata (see modded fw 2.20) and then read the tutorial for themes: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS
The only background that can be found in Sysdata is the one you found. The others are in QMG files. I understand you should be able to change the background of a RB theme by replacing the file matching the theme name in the background folder. I was just wondering if you had the other backgrounds extracted from the OFW or not.

Edit: Also, haven't been able to get any of the Gigabeat themes to work properly. Just saying so others will know.

Last edited by lebellium; 11-15-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

That's maybe why I "chose" this background. Because I did not really have the choice lol It's either this one or I have to design another myself and I don't have time and will for that. It's written in the modded fw 2.20 read-me file that it doesn't exist any tool to open, modify or convert QMG files.
And I say it again: It's not just a question of changing a picture or rename a file. If you want to change the background of my theme, there are other things to change too. My theme is complex, took me probably 10 hours to make it and changing the background would be again 30min-1h more work

Last edited by lebellium; 11-15-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM

I didn't mean any insult. I was just asking if it was possible to use a different background. I assumed it was easy as there is a folder labeled as background in the rockbox folder. Can't fault me for that.

I would be glad to try and change the background myself. Would you be willing to share the resource files used to make the theme? It would make things a lot easier to modify.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

In attachment are the PSD (Photoshop) files I used for the background. I won't share the other resource files as it would take me 1hr to gather them all (it's a big mess on my computer: I have over 10 different folders only for this theme and dozens different draft versions for every picture) and make them "clean" enough to be uploaded. But you can directly edit the BMP files in Photoshop, it works well too.

To change the background you have to:
- replace the "lebellium Samsung-like.bmp" file in the backdrops folder
- replace the "hide_background.bmp" file in wps>lebellium Samsung-like folder
- maybe also change the foreground color of the UI viewport in the "lebellium Samsung-like.sbs" file
Code:
# UI viewport
#
%Vi(-,5,25,225,230,-)%Vf(000000)
- maybe also change the line selector color in the "lebellium Samsung-like.cfg" file.

I hope you are satisfied now and that these instructions are enough as I really don't have more time to devote to that, sorry.

Quote:
Edit: Also, haven't been able to get any of the Gigabeat themes to work properly. Just saying so others will know.
They do work, just replace "/.rockbox" by "/mnt/media0/rockbox" in the wps, sbs etc file paths of the cfg file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip R0_lebellium_Samsung-like_background_PSD_files.zip (166.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by lebellium; 11-18-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 AM

Thank you for the files. I will see what I can do with them and if I make any headway I will post the files here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Quote:
They do work, just replace "/.rockbox" by "/mnt/media0/rockbox" in the wps, sbs etc file paths of the cfg file.
I did this and some of the theme's "Now Playing" screens just dont seem to fit. The bottom of the screen is cut off a little bit (I notice things like that >.<). Again, sorry if my tone came across as accusatory.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
I did this and some of the theme's "Now Playing" screens just dont seem to fit. The bottom of the screen is cut off a little bit (I notice things like that >.<). Again, sorry if my tone came across as accusatory.
Well technically they do work, that was I meant.
But indeed some of them seem to have some display issues like you describe, I don't know why... I don't know if they look the same on Toshiba devices. Theoretically they should as it's exactly the same screen resolution.

But well, that's not a big deal for me. I just find all Toshiba themes ugly (and some very ugly ). They are far from the Sansa themes quality level for instance ( http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=sansafuze ) and that's why I designed mine; As the saying goes "if you want something done you'd better do it yourself"

Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Samsung Moderator

Okay here is the new version 0.91! You can find it in the 1st post. Please try it, give me a feedback and report to me any bug you find before I upload it to the official RB website

Note:
-The FM radio doesn't work yet on R0 and the FM screen doesn't appear in the current RB beta version. Actually this theme is ready for the future
-R0 developers using the latest build as well as Sansa Fuze+ and Toshiba Gigabeat owners have to rename the rockbox folder from "rockbox" to ".rockbox" and change the rockbox paths in the lebellium Samsung-like.cfg file.
Example: wps: /mnt/media0/rockbox/wps/lebellium Samsung-like.wps has to be replaced by wps: /.rockbox/wps/lebellium Samsung-like.wps

Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Samsung Moderator

The version 1.00 is here in the 1st post and also on the official RB website now
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansafuzeplus

For the latest RB build posted on ABI you need to rename the .rockbox folder to rockbox (without dot) and replace the cfg file by this one

Old 01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

New version 1.01 fixing quite a big coding mistake with the battery indicator.
Minor release but I advise you to update anyways because at the moment your battery indicator is completely wrong...

See 1st post for the download link
Thanks to Lorenzo, the only one who noticed that bug

Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Thanks to Lorenzo, the only one who noticed that bug
Thanks to you for having fixed that
and again great work
It could seem to have a windows theme on a linux machine, but actually samsung look looks good in rockbox anyway

Old 02-05-2012, 02:02 PM

I saw on the rockbox themes page that there is a 1.10 version. Is this a mistake because it doesn't work? I went back to the 1.01 and that works fine.

Also I suspect that not many people are voting for this excellent theme - SO DO SO ...

Tags
lebellium, r0, rockbox, samsung, samsung-like, theme, yp-r0