android
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 AM

Default Broken Sansa clip+ clip Fix!

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, the clip on my Sansa Clip+ broke off while I was getting out of the car. It has been a little over a year so I can't send it back under warranty, if they would even honor a broken clip. I've seen other people using clips from office supplies or other things to replace the broken clip. Here is my solution.

I used my swiss army knife's wood saw to cut off the large remaining chunks of the broken clip and filed down whatever bumps were left. I used as fine of a grit sandpaper that I had to smooth down the back until it was pretty much flat.

I have a clip left from buying replacements for my first sansa clip ( replacement clips ) and with a little super glue, I was able to fix my clip! The stuff I used and the fixed version of my Clip+ is shown below:

UNFORTUNATELY AGAIN, my clip+ crapped out on me literally the day after I fixed it. I guess that gives me a reason to try out the clip zip . I thought sharing my fix would still be helpful to somebody at least. GL HF everybody!

Last edited by bleh; 10-17-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: PICTURes!! - title, ty to Skip252

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Clever! I've seen other replacement clips people have attached in various ways, but that's the first time I saw an actual Clip's clip on a Clip+......nice job!

Old 10-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes ,very nice job on fixing the clip

Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Like, why hasn't someone thought of this before? A great idea--thanks!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Like, why hasn't someone thought of this before? A great idea--thanks!
Cause the Clip's clips are hard to find?

BTW...lousy thread title for a GREAT little project. How will anybody ever find this again? Should be "Use a spare Clip clip to fix a Clip+".

Steve

Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 AM

AH! Good point Steve. I don't believe I can change the thread's title, but if an Admin could do it for me, that would be awesome.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Administrator

It's your thread, you can change the title. Use the Go Advanced feature once you're in the Edit menu. Be sure to use terms that others can find in a search easily. You can also add more terms to the tags to make it possible to find this with a tag search.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:42 AM
ABI Invaluable

bleh nice DIY repair job, thanks for including pictures and posting link for the replacement clips. This should help some members with similar situation

On another note, strange way for it to break, I've gotten in and out of my car with the clip on my waist thousands of times and never had a break. Although a few times its seemed to pop off and dangle from the HP cable, which I'm sure has stressed the 3.5mm female jack.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Cause the Clip's clips are hard to find?
I often see them in the SanDisk online store, although not consistently, unfortunately (and right now, for example, available only in pink).

Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I often see them in the SanDisk online store, although not consistently, unfortunately (and right now, for example, available only in pink).
and only shipped to the USA.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
and only shipped to the USA.
pfff minor details, he did a great job and it works for him ... again bleh thanks for sharing and including pictures ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM

Default clip+ clip broke oh soooo sooon

DarnIT, my sansa clip+ clip broke oh too soon. Just had this think for 4weeks now and I accidently caught the headphones cable while going up some stairs. Pulled the player right off my jeans pocket but it was still connected to the headphone jack. Only to find the clip had remained in my pocket. Its not the strongest plastic for it to break so easily. Sure its happened a couple of times already in the last 3 weeks but didn't think it would have fatigued or snapped off until at least a few months of heavy use.

I'll try to do a work around fix.
Do you think Araldite is better than superglue for the purpose of a clip?

Also wondering if the new Clip ZIP (color screen) is stronger? If so I'd be prepared to by that and just use this broken one for the heavy duty stuff, if u can even call it that.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

SanDisk says that the Clip Zip's clip is hardier than the clip of the Clip+ (which beats the clip of the original Clip, although spare Clip clips could be obtained for the Clip).

Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 PM

I copied 'Bleh' exmapled, ordered the clips, used a dremel instead. So far so good. THANK YOU!

Tags
clip+ repair, how to, superglue