android
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Question Damged HD cable to motherboard HELP!

So after wanting to clean my Zen screen (rear) I followed the directions to dismantle it and in the process broke the HD cable that connects to the motherboard. So I need to know whether you can just replace the cable, as the HD was working just fine? If so where can I get the cable. Or do I need to replace the whole drive? I've tried to find some of the HD's that are listed to work but many are no longer available or don't state whether a cable comes with it or not.

I don't want to but unless I can get this repaired I may have to go Apple. I need at least a 60g player to carry all my songs/videos/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2011, 02:34 PM

I guess it's the Zif cable that I need.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 AM

You could always ask this seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Super-Shippin...4.l1513&_pgn=1

He's got a lot of replacement parts for older MP3 players. I think that Ebay is the safest bet to find old parts even if the price might be a bit high.
Or you could buy a broken ZVM off Ebay and replace the Zif cable (as long as it is using a Zif HDD and not a IDE HDD...)
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM

Thanks I'll see if he does. Unfortunately if I can't get it repaired I may have to turn to the dark side...spending alot on a player that is 6yrs old isn't real smart in my book. There isn't anything I like better out there. Creative doesn't even offer a 60g player wtf?