android
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Default Clip+ takes a long time to play some songs?

Wondering if anyone has the same problem. I got my clip+ the week it came out and this problem just started coming up for me about a week ago. Some (not all) of the albums I've put on my clip+ recently take an excessive amount of time to start playing tracks from it (sometimes 15-20 seconds). It's a 4gb clip+ with a 16gb sandisk microsd card. I tried moving the problem albums from the sd card to the internal memory but it's still slow. Is this a hardware problem or is it just a problem with these songs? Thanks.
Sennheiser HD485
Xtrememac FS1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2009, 02:13 AM

I'm a music producer specializing in Hip-Hop and R&B beats. I've noticed that when I add album art to one of my beats (MP3 format) and put it on my clip+, I too get that delay. Once I removed the album art, no problems whatsoever. You may want to try that, as tedious as it may be.

Also, I put some WMA-protected songs from my Zune Pass onto my clip+ and it works just fine. No delay at all and these files also have album art. Maybe the problem only lies in MP3s with album art?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtlvlmusic View Post
I'm a music producer specializing in Hip-Hop and R&B beats. I've noticed that when I add album art to one of my beats (MP3 format) and put it on my clip+, I too get that delay. Once I removed the album art, no problems whatsoever. You may want to try that, as tedious as it may be.

Also, I put some WMA-protected songs from my Zune Pass onto my clip+ and it works just fine. No delay at all and these files also have album art. Maybe the problem only lies in MP3s with album art?
Hm I just tried removing the album art from one of the albums that was giving me problems, it still takes a bit to start but I *THINK* it got slightly faster maybe by a second or two? When I have some more time I'm gonna go through and remove all extra files from my folders and see if it fixes things up. Thanks for the tip, in the meantime anyone else experiencing this problem?
Sennheiser HD485
Xtrememac FS1

Old 11-13-2009, 01:30 PM

I am having a problem where if I skip through songs quickly, after 10, 15, 20 songs (it's irregular) the screen will go black, the player will stop, and after a few seconds the next song will start playing while the screen is black.

I thought this was because I had .m3u and some album cover pictures thrown onto the clip, but I removed those and I still have the same problem, the player keeps jamming.

I have an 8GB Clip Plus filled with 7GB and it was doing this problem with 4GB on it too, no microsdhc installed yet.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb23air View Post
I am having a problem where if I skip through songs quickly, after 10, 15, 20 songs (it's irregular) the screen will go black, the player will stop, and after a few seconds the next song will start playing while the screen is black.

I thought this was because I had .m3u and some album cover pictures thrown onto the clip, but I removed those and I still have the same problem, the player keeps jamming.

I have an 8GB Clip Plus filled with 7GB and it was doing this problem with 4GB on it too, no microsdhc installed yet.
Just skipped through a playlist of 30+ songs and didn't encounter that problem.

Also just removed all album art and extra notepad files from my clip+, but some songs are still having delay before being played. Maybe I just have to wait for a firmware update that'll hopefully address the problems then
Sennheiser HD485
Xtrememac FS1

Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 AM

Default Additionnal help

Sorry to revive this old topic. Maybe this was answered somewhere else, but since it's the first result I get for most of my searches with Google on the subject, I thought I could share my experience here.

This applies to (but not exclusively to) the Sansa Clip+ with latest official firmware. My model has a 8GB capacity.

I had issues with some songs (all songs from the same rip/album, for example) as described here : many seconds of delay before playing in the Clip. The display would normally get stuck/frozen and buttons wouldn't respond either. Then, the song would start to play. If buttons were pressed before the song started playing, those presses would be processed too.

I read some people found the embedded art and excessive tag info caused this delay. I confirm : by removing all superfluous comments and cover art from my problematic files, the delays vanished. I used mp3tag, selected all songs and removed fields I didn't want (most comments fields, encodedby field, etc.) and cover arts.

Even more notable is the fact that all my problematic files were encoded and tagged by the same application, the magnificent iTunes. Coincidence? I can't confirm that... yet. Meanwhile, I had great pleasure removing all iTunes traces and other useless info it left behind with mp3tag. Boy, do I love to hate that piece of sh-oftware.

So there! I hope this helps some of you with this nagging issue without switching firmware. Please comment if your millage vary. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

GrandAeon, thanks for your update--this is very good information to know!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM

I have the same problem but with only one album. It is also the same one that doesn't work on my usb dongle in my truck, works fine with my bberry. I'll try those tagging options but I think just getting a new rip if you rip your own find the setting that works and stick with it i suppose.