android
Old 11-04-2011, 02:59 AM

Default R0 USB device not recognised..please help

All of a sudden, my samsung yp-ro device is not recognised, and so I cannot transfer any files onto it. It still charges, and other devices are recognised with the same cable, so I don't know what to do.
I can't seem to find any drivers online anywhere.
Any thoughts?..please help.
DAVE

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskey69 View Post
All of a sudden, my samsung yp-ro device is not recognised, and so I cannot transfer any files onto it. It still charges, and other devices are recognised with the same cable, so I don't know what to do.
I can't seem to find any drivers online anywhere.
Any thoughts?..please help.
DAVE
I hope you already tried to change in System options from MTP to MSC....
Otherwise it could be an hardware (usb port) problem (ie some contacts are broken, for instance pins 2 and 3, that are used for data transimission).
Indeed if device still charges, at least + and - of usb cable are working.
BTW which firmware do you have? if you have my modded one (v2.20) try to startup R0 in safe mode (modded firmware ONLY!) and tell me (hold back key at startup).

Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Lorenz092,

I have your modded firmware and I have found that the computers I use (all Dell brand computers) weren't recognizing it as well.

I figured out the problem at least for me. I had modded firmware in the "power-save" or "slowed down" setting to save battery life. I restarted the RO, took it out of that and back to normal battery use, connected it back to the computer, and it worked like normal.

Just thought you'd find that interesting. Thanks for all your work on the new firmware and the Rbox. I really appreciate it!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinyount67 View Post
Lorenz092,

I have your modded firmware and I have found that the computers I use (all Dell brand computers) weren't recognizing it as well.

I figured out the problem at least for me. I had modded firmware in the "power-save" or "slowed down" setting to save battery life. I restarted the RO, took it out of that and back to normal battery use, connected it back to the computer, and it worked like normal.

Just thought you'd find that interesting. Thanks for all your work on the new firmware and the Rbox. I really appreciate it!
Oh! That's both interesting and strange...uhm...lowering cpu clock to 200 mhz helped? Well it must be another joke of this player (you won't immagine how much of them there are hihi)

Anyway thanks

Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

No, it wasn't lowering the cpu that helped. It was recognized once I took it out of the "lowered state" that I had had it on while I was listening to it. If it was shut off while in the lower cpu and then plugged in to the computer it wouldn't be recognized. So I turned it back on, took it out of the lower cpu (putting it back to the "normal cpu" of your firmware), and turned it off. Then I plugged it in again in my computer and it was recognized immediately.

Seems that the computer (or at least mine which have been Dells) don't like it when it's in that lowered cpu mode and refuse to recognize the RO.

Hope that makes sense now.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinyount67 View Post
No, it wasn't lowering the cpu that helped. It was recognized once I took it out of the "lowered state" that I had had it on while I was listening to it. If it was shut off while in the lower cpu and then plugged in to the computer it wouldn't be recognized. So I turned it back on, took it out of the lower cpu (putting it back to the "normal cpu" of your firmware), and turned it off. Then I plugged it in again in my computer and it was recognized immediately.

Seems that the computer (or at least mine which have been Dells) don't like it when it's in that lowered cpu mode and refuse to recognize the RO.

Hope that makes sense now.
ah!! Okay, sorry for misunderstanding
Uhm atm I really wonder why hehe....

Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 AM

I have the same problem ! But i never updated the firmware, so i still have the 1.03 version, could this be the reason that neither my PC or my Laptop recognize the YP-R0 Player as an USB device? How can i put the newest firmware on it?

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Samsung Moderator

Nope, it should be recognized by the computer with any firmware.
That said, fw 1.03 is very very old...

Go to settings>system>PC connection and select MSC.
Then try to connect it to the computer again.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 AM

No, it neither connect in MSC or MTP mode. The pins are ok. I also tried it on other pcs, so the problem have to be the player and not any PC or laptop...

Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hum doesn't sound good.
Do you hear the usual sound when connecting a USB device? Is it recognized in the device manager?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 AM

No, no usual connecting sound and nothing in the device manager. But i did nothin different than any other time with my player. I was really content the last 3 years with this player...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

So either there is an issue with the USB cable or with the player itself indeed and in this case of hardware issue I can't help you sorry...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM

The USB cable is easy to get in a store, right?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yep, it's a standard micro-USB cable, you can find it anywhere.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Try to put it on a wall heater or such. Perhaps some soldering of the usb port are a little broken. Heat will make them expand...
Since in the R0 this is one of the most problematic thing as I heard around!

Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 AM

I have read through this thread as a consequence of my daughter tearfully presenting me with her non-working YP-R0.

It lights up, presents the splash screen with her name, then goes to a blank lit up screen and stays there.

I saw a vid on Youtube which explains how to put a Samsung Captivate or Galaxy into download mode

it requires 3 100k resistors, and no modded cable. Since the YP-R0 has the same connector and a headphone jack oriented in the same way, I was wondering if this technique will work on the YP-R0. I would rather not build my own cable.

Any thoughts ?

Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=69099
>That's the thread to read