android
Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Default Exportprive Service

Hi i've been lurking around abi for the past few months and finally had the courage to ditch my zune hd and purchase a cowon j3 upon reading the praise its gotten on these forums and other forums.

Being from the states, i opted in purchasing from exportprive.com(amazon only had the black one :[).

I've read mixed reviews about exportprive and was wondering how their service was.. I ordered from them 3 days ago and my order is still in pending despite their blinking ad that boasted 48 hour shipping. I'm starting to feel like a slightly retarded carrot for not purchasing from amazon where they even offered prime shipping(free for college students)

I purchased the white 32gb j3 with the jelly case+screen protector and opted for EMS shipping. Getting a little worried :[

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-21-2010, 11:43 PM

hmm i bought some earbuds 2 days ago it said pending, today i checked it said it is shipping...
Cowon J3 32gb + 16gb MicroSDHC
Hippo VB, Sennheiser CX300 II

Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 PM

Hi NokCha, welcome to ABI!

Just be a little more patient with exportprive than you would Amazon per say. My first order with them had a delay due to a Korean holiday. I have heard others mention variations in shipping times and both my previous orders were off by a few days to a week.

Yet I ordered from them again just this morning. Why? When the delays were major(Korean Holiday) they were kind enough to communicate this to me via email instead of going radio silent.

The "pending" status of your order could mean one of several things but again I'd give it a few.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:07 AM

Update: It says "shipping in process" I guess my anxiety got the most of me.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 AM

dude, it doesn't say "shipped in 48h", it says "processed in 48h".
they changed that a while ago, it said something else before and i think people complained about the phrasing... but this was some months ago already.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-22-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
dude, it doesn't say "shipped in 48h", it says "processed in 48h".
they changed that a while ago, it said something else before and i think people complained about the phrasing... but this was some months ago already.
Sorry i'm somewhat confused. If you hold your mouse over it, it says shipped within 48 hours. If i'm mistaken my apologies.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokCha View Post
Sorry i'm somewhat confused. If you hold your mouse over it, it says shipped within 48 hours. If i'm mistaken my apologies.
yup, that's right. as i said, they changed it, but obviously forgot about the "description". if you were to order from them, you could be so kind and remind them of the lapse.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I purchased the white 32gb j3 with the jelly case+screen protector and opted for EMS shipping.
Can you post pics once you get it? I plan to buy a 32GB white from export prive as well, but would like to see some regular pics as opposed to the photochopped ones online.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 PM

i bought my 16gb white j3 here waiting 1 more wk for it to come. I ordered sennheiser cx500 earbuds and i think they are fake because the pouch looks cheap and unfinished (tag) and i didnt recieve any S size earbuds so i emailed them about that : (

Old 11-06-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazziejrboi View Post
i bought my 16gb white j3 here waiting 1 more wk for it to come. I ordered sennheiser cx500 earbuds and i think they are fake because the pouch looks cheap and unfinished (tag) and i didnt recieve any S size earbuds so i emailed them about that : (
dude, it's coming from hong kong, if there's something wrong they will refund you or anything.

have a look here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8392

then you can tell, whether they are fake or not. and what do you mean by unfinished tag? is it half done or what?

Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 PM

thnx for the heads up but i did email them, they doubt it was fake sense they claim they got it from Sennheiser Korea, anywho they told me to take pics and send it to them but i probably would get a refund... Hope the J3 doesnt come out like this lmao

Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazziejrboi View Post
thnx for the heads up but i did email them, they doubt it was fake sense they claim they got it from Sennheiser Korea, anywho they told me to take pics and send it to them but i probably would get a refund... Hope the J3 doesnt come out like this lmao
like i told you, there are very fair. there are other online stores out there who might say "give us the money and then fuck you",

btw, why not post the pictures here as well, there are people on the board who can help distinguish between "good" and "bad".

it's not entirely impossible that they are fake, but i really don't think they sold you fake ones intentionally and maybe they got screwed as well by a middleman.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 AM

i compared the cx500 i got from exportprive with my legit cx300 II the pouch was obviously fake and the S logo on the earbuds seems to be thicker and uncentered compared to the genuine ones... ill post pics later

the blacks are genuine cx300 II compared to the Exportprive cx500...

single stitched
double stitched

defected ear piece
the genuine blacks are more centered and space compared to the cx500 which seems more bulky, look at the boxing around the S logo
I ordered my J3 here hope it doesn't disappoint...

Last edited by krazziejrboi; 11-07-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: add pictures

Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM

ehh shipping cost way too much for earbuds to korea, ill just hold on it as a reminder to buy from trustworthy sites with reviews, my exportprive j3 came in and there was no problems with that good thing (since they are made from korea)!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 AM

i can personally testify that export prive does check these boards lol. Not only did they apologize when they shipped it out, they even included extra earphones, an extra silicone cover, and an extra "premium" screen protector!

The J3 is perfectly fine as it is directly shipped from the manufacturer so there shouldn't be any problems. Mine has superb battery life and worked right out of the box with little to no problem!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
i can personally testify that export prive does check these boards lol. Not only did they apologize when they shipped it out, they even included extra earphones, an extra silicone cover, and an extra "premium" screen protector!

The J3 is perfectly fine as it is directly shipped from the manufacturer so there shouldn't be any problems. Mine has superb battery life and worked right out of the box with little to no problem!

So they sent you 2 silicone cases?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM

My cowon j3 was supposed to come only with 1 clear jelly case but they threw in a free silicone case.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Cool! i really love this cases. what colors you have? can you post a picture if you got a colorful?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 PM

I just made a purchase from Export Prive or Exportprive this past week. They told me that my order had shipped and gave me a tracking link. The tracking link told me that my tracking number did not exist. I can't get anyone to respond to me via email and the website is either down or on the blink ..... it is not even accessible. Something fishy here. Anyone know if this company is fraudulent or if the website is just down for a couple days. I'm very worried about losing my money. I don't have much and I saved for this purchase.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 AM

obviously it's the website for reasons unkown.

the french language site works btw: http://www.exportprive.fr/