android
Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM

I have one of these

http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=56

It's RF, the range is somewhat limited, but otherwise it's great. It cost me about US $30 on Amazon, as far as I remember. Tried 2 other remotes made by other companies before, one IR and one RF, and they both sucked, especially the IR.

I don't use foobar, but it should probably work fine for that. I'm pretty happy with it, and it's not made by Apple

Good luck.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have this on order, should arrive today.

http://www.targus.com/uk/drivers_man...sp?SKU=AMR01EU

I honestly can't believe how difficult it is to track summin that functions on the RF technology as opposed to IR for controlling their music.
I mean EVERYONE is using a PC to play their music today, its not far fetched to think that ppl might get off out their computer chair and walk around their home and wish to mute or skip a track via a small remote!?
This market is SERIOUSLY lacking in choice.

Will post my impressions of the device when i have it in my hands (should be today).

Old 10-31-2011, 05:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

ok it arrived and i am VERY happy with it. was 20quid off amazon.co.uk (last one left apparently). Works like a charm (through walls etc). Through foobar and MPC-HC i am able to configuring the buttons to do exactly what i want, I can see other players not being so flexible tho.

I still cannot believe how hard it was to find a CHEAP basic RF remote, seriously.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Congrats.