android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Default Panasonic RP-HJE900 not available in Canada, officially anyway.

Hello, sorry if this has been covered before, but just in case, I figured I ought to make this thread anyway.

I live in Canada and I was trying to get the Panasonic RP-HJE900 IEM's, but I couldn't find them online on Canadian websites.
So, I contacted Panasonic.ca support.
My message:
Quote:
Hello,
I was interested in the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia headphones, but I can't
find a place to buy them.

So, I feel that I must ask, are these headphones available in Canada?
If not, then may I ask, why?

Thanks for your time.
This was the reply, I received:

Quote:
Thank you for e-mailing Panasonic Canada.

We regret to advise you that Panasonic Canada is not marketing this model in
Canada at this time. Please note our Sales group does not have any current
plans on introducing it in this market however please check back as these
plans can often change based on consumer demand.

Sincerely,
Customer Care Centre
Panasonic Canada Inc.
So, yeah, sorry fellow Canadians, the HJE900 isn't available in Canada, though I am not sure, but Amazon.com/other websites might ship it here, but it's also possible that Panasonic would have placed shipping limitations.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think that model was discontinued two years ago, and is hard to find now. i remember seeing it a few years ago online for $90.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I picked up a pair here in the U.S. at JR.com earlier this year (at around $65--a super price for this quality of phone)--their final close-out sale on the model, seemingly.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Redneck Moderator

I've got a pair for sale and would be willing to work out a deal to ship them to canada. I'm in the usa.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 PM

Aww, thanks a lot for the offer, Syndrome, but I'd rather not. My elitist, snobby inner ego doesn't like buying used IEM's, sorry, I hope you don't get upset.

With that being said, good luck on selling them, I am sure a good deal of people would be willing to buy them.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Google shopping shows 2 merchants selling it new for $127.39. There are also those selling them for $250+. use www.resellerratings.com to research dealers before you place any orders.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@JK98: Are those sellers actually selling the Panies? When I looked yesterday and again just now, the phones are shown on the websites but there was no click button to purchase them. Sigh. The websites (almost certainly related) seem to be experimental/sample webpages, perhaps.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Or they might just be outdated pages. I noticed that on Google shopping a number of outdated results often sneak in. I didn't follow up those links. Perhaps it might not be available new for under $250. If he really wants one, I suggest he go for a used one if he can't find a new one for under $150. Paying $250 or more for one is imo crazy. There are some outdated items that don't seem to be available new.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you're talking about HeadDirect, they still list the Panas, but say that they are out of stock or discontinued or something.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM

Woah, it's fine guys, I wasn't that desperate to get them or anything. I just made this post mostly so that other Canadians had at least some notion of Panasonics intentions. And well, to be honest, the headphones are a bit out of my budget as well.

Still, thanks for all the hard work, I will make a "proper headphone recommendation" post in a bit.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm curious. Did you find out how much syndrome wants for his? Perhaps Syndrome should list his pair on Ebay if he really wants to sell it. Since the supply of new ones at reasonable price seems to be gone, a used one might get strong bidding on Ebay. I was shocked to see used Sony MDR-E484 earphones sold for $250 and $280 on Ebay. The original list price on that earphone was $80 in the 90s, and those were discounted to around $40 in the early 90s.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM

Nope, I never bothered to ask, but I agree with you, discontinued electronics in general tend to fetch high prices, especially when you are dealing with either collectible things (like headphones) or things that are part of a full system (like old ram memory).

Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerged View Post
Nope, I never bothered to ask, but I agree with you, discontinued electronics in general tend to fetch high prices, especially when you are dealing with either collectible things (like headphones) or things that are part of a full system (like old ram memory).
Only good discontinued electronics items go for high prices on Ebay. There is plenty of old low quality items that sell for almost nothing. Older electronics being valuable and sought after is more the exception than the rule.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM

Woops, I think I had a brain malfunction, yeah, you are right, for some reason, I was only thinking about sought out stuff.

Tags
canada, iem, panasonic rp-hje900