android
Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, to the people with E6 on hand, a couple of questions....

1) Is the 10 hour battery life claim accurate or a conservative rating?

2) When I had an E5, I remember thinking its volume steps were a bit too large....so i usually ended up fine-tuning my volume with my DAP. Is the E6 improved in this regard?

I'm leaning towards purchasing one, but these are things I'd like to know before I pull the trigger.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2011, 02:52 AM

I can't really answer the battery life question yet, but the volume control is much improved - 64 steps on the E6 vs. 32 steps on the E5.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

E6 received, and it is exactly what I was hoping for. The volume control, as dfkt mentioned, is much improved, and that EQ2 setting is very nice. EQ1, on the other hand, I won't be using, because it reminds me of the old E3 amp's sound....it even makes Grados sound muffled, and that is not an easy task.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 AM

Here we go.

FiiO E6 review: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/10/f...ne-amp-review/

Old 10-15-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
has anyone tried the e6 with tma-1's?
Yeh, I have, but it doesn't really do anything for them. The TMA-1 go loud enough with even the weakest player and really don't need an amp. If you got a hissy source, the E6 might reduce the background noise, but that's about it.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 AM

Nice read dfkt, didn’t realize they’ve been getting better and better, great to hear. Not sure I’d like all the functions designed into one slider (multi-function) as I could see that giving me issues but everyone must admit, definitely the "best value for one's money" certainly applies to Fiio products …

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 PM

Hey dfkt, is there any hissing when you use the e6 with your hje900's? I have a e11 but rarely use it due to the hissing when paired with the pannies. If the e6 doesn't have that problem I'll definitely be getting one.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:33 AM

There is *very* faint hiss with the Panas at louder listening levels, and it's dead silent at quieter ones. It's certainly more than acceptable, nothing that would bother me for regular use (and I'm kind of OCD about such things ).

Old 10-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I greatly dislike hissing also, which is troublesome when the hje's are my best sounding and most hiss-prone phones. The e11 isn't EMI shielded either, so thats a nice plus for the e6. Looks like I'll be getting one sometime in the near future.