android
Old 10-13-2011, 05:18 AM

Default Clip Zip won't read my card files

I'm a new clip zip owner and had my music library (well, not all of it) re-tagged especially for this. After re-tagging I copied everything to the SDHC card (a Kingmax 16GB class 6) and inserted it into the player.
After scanning the library the CZ can see all the bands/albums/tracks, but when I try to play anything it just skips through all the music. I need some help on this if you're kind enough.
I did the re-tagging using mp3tag on windows.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 AM

looks like it's fixed. I re-formatted the card and copied the music in the root directory (does it make a difference?). Before that I put the music in a folder created by me called "Music".

Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't have a Clip Zip, but I believe that it should work the same on a Clip+. All the music on the card in my Clip+ is in the the "Music/Q " folder. It is all detected and played. Not a lot in there at the moment though.

I believe that there is still a restriction as to how many files/folders can be in the root (not a Sansa restriction). So your solution may not be a long term solution.

Steve
Steve

Old 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There may be limits to how many files can be in a folder. A good practice would be to put less than 256 items(files or folders) in each folder. Use additional folders or even folders in folders(don't nest them deeply though) when needed.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 AM

I don't have 256 folders in total and I tried to put as few subfolders as possible in there.

Tags
clip zip, issue, problem, sdhc card