android
Old 10-09-2011, 03:01 AM

Default Create Playlist with Sense

Hi, I just got a cowon J3 and loaded Sense, leaf, and Lynx on it.

I can't figure out to to create a playlist on the player using Sense though. It seems that most people got it down but I'm have trouble finding the "create playlist" function on the player, in tutorials, and in FAQs.

Help please? I only know how to add it to the one "Favorites" list. I have the 2.26 firmware too.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 AM

The fastest way to create playlists with Sense is by transferring songs to Favorites first and then:

- Tap in the top middle of music menu. The button is hidden, like Home and Browser are. (Image)
- Click the Playlist. (Image)
- You should now see an empty list, two arrows in the bottom and a square in the bottom middle of the list. Press the square. (Image)
- The Playlist Manager should show up now. Press "Add Playlist" and a playlist called New Playlist should appear. Tap it. (Image)
- In the next menu, by clicking "Fill From Faves (Append)" all songs you have in your favorites will be added to the playlist. "Fill From Faves (Overwrite)" will also work, but if you already have songs on your playlist it will erase/overwrite them. (Image)

Once you have created your playlist you can go back and open the music menu again. By pressing the playlist icon this time your playlist should appear in the previously empty list. In order to play the playlist, tap it twice. Sense will then transfer all songs from the playlist to your Favorites. Why the playlist functionality works like this is due to some limitations of the Flash UCI support I guess. I'm no expert in the area though, so I can't say much more than that.

Last edited by Urne; 10-09-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately my power button somehow broke and so I think I'm just going to return it and get a refund.