android
Old 09-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^Rofl

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM

True.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:57 PM

I ordered a zune from http://www.cowboom.com/search/result...ords=zune%20hd a few weeks ago. Even though it says refurb the thing is like brand new. I think its hard to beat for the price.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 AM

It's a shame they don't ship abroad.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah the prices are fantastic but US only.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Default zune hd worth it?

i want something with a good amount of apps, even if they are 3rd party software.., good battery life,good browser,and most importantly a TV output

is the Zune HD worth it for $100?

Last edited by skip252; 09-30-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Threads Merged. Same subject, different places

Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imajakov View Post
i want something with a good amount of apps, even if they are 3rd party software.., good battery life,good browser,and most importantly a TV output

is the Zune HD worth it for $100?
Not many apps, and the browser, from what little I've played with it, is not as good as the one on the iPod Touch. Perhaps a Touch or Archos 43 would suit your needs better, but they'd cost more than $100.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 PM

thanks. does the archer 43 have tv out, and can you play youtube videos on it?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Probably go with Archos 43. That's a decent price for the HD, though. They're very durable, if that's something that matters to you, and has a pretty good screen, though it's small. There's a healthy selection of official and 3rd party apps, they're all free, but if you want access to Android, get a 43.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
yeah I could use a broad to help clean the house and such

Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertrash View Post
yeah I could use a broad to help clean the house and such

Old 10-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Well, the Zune players are dead and gone now. They have stopped making them so get them while you can. It's officially over. No more rumors. It's dead

Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Well I was a die hard Zune fan for a few years, wife has a zune16 I have a zunehd16, and the interface, which is musicallly oriented is second to none. NONE. But after discovering this site and reading through things, I decided to plop down the $40 for a clip+ and plopped a 16 gig microsd card in it. Although I will never regret the $200 I spent on the zunehd, it's an amazing little device, I am ashamed (or maybe not) the little clip+ has become my main music device. I used to think people who talked about 'sound signatures' with devices were nuts. However coupling my clip+ with some cx300's I won't say the zunehd lacks sound quality, but the clip+ just does some things the hd does not. The music stage is more 'forward' on the clip+, it's something hard to explain if you haven't heard it. Even at low volumes, the music has 'pop' every little detail and instrument is audible, whereas the zunehd is more 'polite', the volume between instruments is more 'blended'. I don't know which one is more 'faithful' as it's a subtle thing to most people. If all you want is music, clip+ is where it's at, easily, the price is unbeatable as microsd prices continue to drop. However, the screen on the zunehd is absolutely outstanding for videos, remember it's a samsung oled screen, so my zunehd has been freed from music duty to play movies on the go, something it does in spades. But I just recently played with a sony z series gingerbread equipped device, and I wonder if the zunehd has any merit any more since sony's are regarded highly for sq and you get the added bonus of android apps, microsd expandability and such. Just some thoughts.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 AM

Clip is the best deal out there. I have one---use for gym. Sound is great. My battery is not very good, though (they replaced one under warranty for this---replacement was only slightly better). I hardly ever get more than 6 hours or so. My son does not, either. No unusual EQ, bitrate, etc.---regular mp3, normal volume, screen off, etc. (I have had MANY mp3 players, so I know about that stuff). Battery is just too small---but so is the unit itself. It's a good tradeoff, I think. You can't have everything---certainly not for 40 bucks. I also have a ZuneHD 16. Love it, but not as handy for the gym.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM132 View Post
Clip is the best deal out there. I have one---use for gym. Sound is great. My battery is not very good, though (they replaced one under warranty for this---replacement was only slightly better). I hardly ever get more than 6 hours or so. My son does not, either. No unusual EQ, bitrate, etc.---regular mp3, normal volume, screen off, etc. (I have had MANY mp3 players, so I know about that stuff). Battery is just too small---but so is the unit itself. It's a good tradeoff, I think. You can't have everything---certainly not for 40 bucks. I also have a ZuneHD 16. Love it, but not as handy for the gym.
yeah the battery is small but it's still 15 hours or so. You should be getting 8 hours of sleep a night so you can charge it then.