android
Old 09-27-2011, 05:57 AM

Question Clip Zip or Fuze+

I'm currently looking for a new mp3 player, and i've decided to buy a Sandisk mainly because of the good reviews.
But i don't know if i should buy the Fuze+ og wait for the Clip Zip to come out in Europe. I cant find that many good Fuze+ reviews, so I hope someone here on the abi can help me choose. between the two players.

The size doesn't really matter, but the most important thing is the sound. I mainly use FLAC and high quality mp3's on my players, and i listen to all kinds of music, but mostly Hard Rock. Another important thing for me, is to know that they player stil is supported by the developers and the user-base. I'm probably gonna install Rockbox on my player. I know a Rockbox port for the Clip Zip hasn't come out yet, but do you think it will have the same apps and games in color as the Fuze+?
Of course the player build quality is also another important thing.

So what do you guys think i should choose, and what are the biggest difference between the two players?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Fuze+ is way too buggy for everyday usage, go with the clipzip. I own both, and I vote clipzip for the WIN!

Also, if I'm correct, the clipzip is being worked on by RB, the fuze+ I'm not sure about.

Now, apps & games for the fuze+? There are no apps or games for my fuze+,... When RB gets ported to the clipzip it'll play DOOM tho,...

Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Also, if I'm correct, the clipzip is being worked on by RB, the fuze+ I'm not sure about.
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaFuzePlusPort.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Administrator

There is a Rockbox port for the original Fuze, not the Fuze+. Same for the Clip and Clip Zip. There's work being done on a port for both the Clip Zip and Fuze+ but no one can predict how well that will work out or when it will happen.

I would buy the player that fits your current needs. As much as I think Rockbox is a great replacement firmware I wouldn't buy anything based on a port that doesn't yet exist. Stuff happens.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
... I wouldn't buy anything based on a port that doesn't yet exist. Stuff happens.
I concur, sound advice … that said, I'd go with the clip zip just for the size but that's just my opinion. You need to do what's best for you.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-30-2011, 04:05 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think I will go with the Clip Zip.