Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones > Headphone User Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 AM

Excellent review Benesotor. I wish I had found this before I purhcased my latest set of headphones.

The jack on my third set of CX300II's has snapped, just like my second pair did about six months ago, although the headphones still seem to work fine. I was disappointed as my first pair of these lasted a good 18months before I lost sound in the right ear. I think between my first and second pairs, the design of the jack changed so that it was bigger and longer - from my experience this was a mistake by Sennheiser.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit. On another techie forum (not solely MP3 Player/Headphone focussed), it was recommended that I try a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd as the user claimed that were as good as the CX300II's. I tried them last night and was really disappointed in them. The bass is very good on them, but as you say the mids and highs on these are very muddy. I guess I'm used to the crispness and better sound that the CX300II produces.

I'm now in a quandry as the quality of the Skullcandy will probably affect my enjoyment of the music. I'm seriously considering buying some more CX300IIs but I'm very reluctant to do so as the jack keeps breaking on them.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the jack in tact?