android
Old 09-03-2011, 05:36 AM

Default Kizune's lynx, how to

Hi, i am new cowon j3 user, this little player is so awesome... At first i wasn't sure if it was worth the cash but now there is no doubt xD

Anyway, im playing around with custom themes and i have a problem with lynx... Even thou i did a proper instalation it still isn't working, here is what i did:

1. Extracted lynx
2. Copied files into system/flash ui
3. renamed mainmenuN into mainmenu 1/2/3 (none worked).
4. Safely removed hardware

And after turning it on nothing has changed in my cowon... Tried few times.

Any clues? Am i doing something wrong?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanDemon View Post
1. Extracted lynx
2. Copied files into system/flash ui
3. renamed mainmenuN into mainmenu 1/2/3 (none worked).
4. Safely removed hardware
Certainly this is the correct approach, assuming your step (3) actually ended up with a file named mainmenu1.swf or mainmenu2.swf or mainmenu3.swf.

Whichever one you chose (presumably your least-liked Cowon main menu format, which you'd therefore likely never use, and therefore had no problem giving that menu number over to Lynx) in order to see it when you boot, you now need to actually CHOOSE that menu style number (1, 2, or 3) from the three icons revealed when you slide the power button (lower right corner of the Cowon main menu) to the left.

Quote:
And after turning it on nothing has changed in my cowon... Tried few times.
Again, (1) you need to have renamed the file to include the .swf extension, and (2) you then need to choose that menu number/style when you boot the J3, in order to utilize what you just installed.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Oh man, thanks again for helping me out, the mp3 tag software u told me about last time is very useful ;p

Ehh, actually i managed to install it, prob was that renamed file was "mainmenu 2" instead "mainmenu2", thought there is supposed to be a space...

Anyway i am retard and need some help with customization... So i replaced menu2 with lynx, now how to add icons or something? Cuz right now it's only wallpaper and 3 buttons on the bottom, 1. locking/sleep mode 2. Choosing menu 3. empty columns, can't do here anything.

? XD

Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanDemon View Post
...need some help with customization... So i replaced menu2 with lynx, now how to add icons or something? Cuz right now it's only wallpaper and 3 buttons on the bottom, 1. locking/sleep mode 2. Choosing menu 3. empty columns, can't do here anything.
The discussion forums for the Kizune UCI's is located over on the iaudiophile.net forums:

Lynx thread

Leaf thread

Sense thread

The second post on the Lynx thread gives the step-by-step procedure for how to add objects to your initially empty desktop.

Take a look at that step-by-step and see if you can make the "giant breakthrough" (i.e. that AHA moment!).

Old 09-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Thanks! Yea, it's working now And no, it didn't took me so long to figure it out, just wans't online, i am moron but not a huge one D

Awwww, i love my j3 so much <3 I think that my gf is getting jealous xDDD

Lil offtop: When i play all songs in random order does j3 remembers tracks that were already played? So when i have 10k songs i won't be listening same tracks 20x while i didn't heard some of them once?

Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Yes it does, don't worry.