android
Old 01-18-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Yp-T7J "No space for DB detected"

I recently bought a Samsung YP-T7J for a family member. It worked fine for a few weeks but now it does not work properly anymore. I am back away at college now so I can't physically troubleshoot it but I am going from what she told me.

She says that every time she turns it on or plugs it into the computer it comes up with a message along the lines of "No space for DB detected" and does nothing else. Also she says the computer will no longer recognize it when plugged in.

It sounds like maybe it is too full and the player has no room to put its database, thats all I can guess. Is there any way to reformat it from the player or get the computer to recognize it? Will this player work as a generic USB drive so that it can be read?

If anyone has any answers it would appreciate it. I bought it new off of eBay so return is not an option. It wasn't that expensive that its a big deal, but it would be nice to fix it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 PM

I believe it has been switched from MTP to UMS...therefore, you need to do a format to gain back all the lost space

Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Is there any way to do a format in this situation? It wont boot past the error screen and the computer doesn't recognize it. Is there some special button combination that will wipe it, or else I don't see any way that this can be reformatted.