android
Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Default need advice on some rugged bass heavy IEMs

I'm looking for some rugged bass heavy IEMs. I bought a few pairs of Hippo VBs but they tend to last about 1-2 months within my hands. However my 'reserve' buds, a pair of CX-300s, generally last a year.

- I use my buds every day on a D2. Mostly while riding my bike or when i don't want to disturb my housemates.
- I'm willing to spend between 40-100 euro.
- I listen to nearly all types of EDM but mostly to house, techno or dubstep.

If there is nothing on the market for me then I'm willing to buy another pair of VBs and be really really careful with them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have just stumbled upon the Fischer Audio Eterna. They sound great, have a full bass sound, and feel very sturdy in my hands. The only thing that is at all worrisome is the strain relief by the earbuds. I've attached a picture of what happens on a consistent basis. However, they're easy to pop back in, and from what I hear it's easy to drop a little bit of glue in there if you're so inclined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 110806-173142.jpg (34.5 KB, 32 views)

Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Another vote for Fischer Audio Eterna good for every single genre listed.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Thx for the advice. I've also read IDvsEGO's review and I think I'll like them, but they are sold out everywhere
Anyone know where to get them or do I have to be patient?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I could eithier sell you mines or you can skip over to Budgen Audio.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM

^^^^

I've been looking for these too and they seem to be sold out everywhere including Budgen Audio. Another thing compared to the Hippo VB which would you recommend more?

Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I actually thought I would like the Hippies more but I do not. The Eterna's are like beefier Shure530 I just call them the SM3's little cousins. If you make a profile at Budgen send them a email it goes straight to the owner he's a dumass who never gets back to people but hopefully you can catch him. There's a thread on Head-Fi where people complain all about his excellent customer service me included. Speaking of which go ahead and make a profile over there and contact him again you have to catch him.

Last edited by Confispect; 08-24-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I liked the Eternas better, as long as you can stand the over the ear style.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 PM

I think you should try some Pioneer or Audio Technica IEMs. They have clear bass without overpowering the other frequencies and most of them are on the cheap side.

Last edited by spurs20; 08-07-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM

JVC FXC51s. Carbon drivers, bass ported, superb bass, and the very high build quality you'd expect of a major Japanese company. (Just look how tough JVC Marshmallows are.) They're probably a bit less than 40 Euros, but don't let that bother you - JVC has enormous economies of scale and in many ways the 51 seems like it might be a plastic version of the high-end wooden bodied FX500 and FX700.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanwhile View Post
JVC FXC51s. Carbon drivers, bass ported, superb bass, and the very high build quality you'd expect of a major Japanese company. (Just look how tough JVC Marshmallows are.) They're probably a bit less than 40 Euros, but don't let that bother you - JVC has enormous economies of scale and in many ways the 51 seems like it might be a plastic version of the high-end wooden bodied FX500 and FX700.
Is that so........

Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM

I think I'll go with the JVC FXC51s. You convinced me and they are actually available (and somewhat cheaper which is always a good thing).

Everybody thanks alot for your help!