android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default Your Posts Have Been Moved.

Your related posts have been moved to the original thread. Please stop creating a new thread every time you have a slightly different question. Fragmenting your questions into different threads will not get you an answer any quicker. If there is more information needed you can add to your edit your original thread including the title.

Just as a heads up. The wireless headphone community is relatively small here. I can think of only one or two active members that may know anything about the items you're asking after. That means that you'll need to have patience when it come to waiting for answers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks.

I asked to remove my other thread. But I see thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Not that I want to praise another forum but, do you know anywhere else I could get help online for this ? (I posted on head-fi.org, avforums and here)

It's okay if you can't help with this.
Thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

its not the forum that is the problem, its the tech you are seeking. it doesnt really exist yet. to fit a quality driver, battery with decent life and transmitter with good range you would have to have a helmet or pay a ton of money.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Administrator

If I knew somewhere else I'd be happy to point you in that direction. While I'd like for you to be able to get the information here the most important thing is that you get the information IMO.

Not being interested in wireless headphones I've never done any research in that direction so I just don't know where you would be able to find reliable, first hand information. Sorry.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
its not the forum that is the problem, its the tech you are seeking. it doesnt really exist yet. to fit a quality driver, battery with decent life and transmitter with good range you would have to have a helmet or pay a ton of money.
Yeah you're right. That's why I changed my requirement and updated the thread:

Trying to find out the best Wireless Headset (or headphone with mic)

The only requirements I have are:
  • I don't want Bluetooth transmission, I don't want IR transmission, I don't want a docking station either.
  • I need a microphone on the headphone/headset, and the smallest usb dongle possible for transmission.
  • Not to big, not too small (no earbud-no full over-ear)

The only reasons I don't want bluetooth is because of the known Video/Audio Sync issue found in any bluetooth headphones/headsets device, and the prices.

Here's a list of models I found so far (yea only one, im' just starting to search..):

-Plantronic .Audio 995 (2.4 Gh, 12meter, 8h / 8h Talk/Listen, 99.99$) Special feature: Noise cancelling mic
Last edited by marcabip; Today at 08:46 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

so you want an RF, mic, tiny USB dongle, and supraaural. The RF is going to be your catching point. Everything is going bluetooth if it has audio transmission (mic). Plantronics and motorola are going to be your primary manufacturers. Is the logitech g930 to big?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
so you want an RF, mic, tiny USB dongle, and supraaural. The RF is going to be your catching point. Everything is going bluetooth if it has audio transmission (mic). Plantronics and motorola are going to be your primary manufacturers. Is the logitech g930 to big?
Well I have to be able to lay my head comfortably on my bed's pillow and talk. I think this would be too big for that.. what do you think ?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think you have at least a 5 year wait for what you want - good luck.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

no idea man. you dont have many choices. Eventually you just have to pick one and try it.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 PM

here are models I found that are perfect for my needs. The only problem is that they are all bluetooth, and I recently heard that bluetooth often comes with audi/video sync (lag) issue..

So I stopped looking for BT and now look for standard RF only.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 PM

Followup:

Still in my Wireless RF Headphones/headset with mic using small usb dongle as transmitter,
I found some good chinese brands that seems to deliver some great product:
-Finsoud
-MAQ somic
-Rapoo
-Zonoki

Have any of you ever heard of these ?

Here are the models that took my attention:
Zonoki Z-G8119
Zonoki Z-G8900
Zonoki Z-G8800
Zonoki Z-WL8810
Zonoki Z-WL8800
Zonoki Z-WL8900
Scosche skyCASTER HZ10
Finsound FH90 <-- especially this one
Finsound FH60
Finsound FH60
Finsound FH50
Finsound FH100
EASDA DWH100
Rapoo 5HV2
Rapoo H8000
Somic MAQ PC4001P
Somic MAQ PC31
Somic MAQ EW600 <--- and this one
Somic MAQ PC91
Somic MAQ PT93 <-- this one too

Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As far as people hearing them I doubt that seriously maybe a couple but that's stretching it. It's like asking has anybody seen the new stretchable pencils. But what I want you to do is a little bit of research on the Sennheiser they are the ones that stand out to me as far as a reputable company.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
As far as people hearing them I doubt that seriously maybe a couple but that's stretching it. It's like asking has anybody seen the new stretchable pencils. But what I want you to do is a little bit of research on the Sennheiser they are the ones that stand out to me as far as a reputable company.
Shure I did. I was going to buy a pair of MM Traveler 450 or 550 at first, until I read this on their own MM50 description page: (in the "features" part):
Quote:
Due to the nature of Bluetooth technology, users may experience a slight audio latency when watching video on a portable device. The headphones are working fine. This is a characteristic of all Bluetooth headsets. Latency is not an issue for audio-only use, OR when using the included detachable headphone cable for a wired audio connection when watching video -Sennheiser-
Since then, I stopped looking for bluetooth headsets at all... (Because these will be used for gaming, listening music and maybe watch some movies)

See their statement here (click the Description tab -> scroll down to "Features", its the 2nd-to-last feature) :
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/bluetoo...ortable_502417

This is the reason why I'm now looking for standard RF (wireless) only, without dock station (usb dongle only)

Last edited by marcabip; 08-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:47 PM

bump

Old 08-21-2011, 04:23 PM

The problem with wireless is that SQ is not as good so not many people are into them. Paying lots more for an inferior product SQ wise.

I saw a few reviews of people rating Sennheiser MM wireless models and that is about it.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM

It sounds to me like you are unwilling to compromise on features. My initial advice still stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post
Given the aforementioned reasons I'd think hard about going for the one device solution. An alternative would be to have a comfortable corded gaming headset and a bluetooth earpiece. But it will depend on how you value different features.
Go totally portable for when you are on the move and totally connected when not. It's the only solution if you are not willing to compromise on either front. It's like those gaming laptops; not realistic.

I'd pass on the unknown brands.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post
It sounds to me like you are unwilling to compromise on features. My initial advice still stands.

Go totally portable for when you are on the move and totally connected when not. It's the only solution if you are not willing to compromise on either front. It's like those gaming laptops; not realistic.

I'd pass on the unknown brands.
Actually I'm going to buy two pair. This was the plan and still is. I'll get a pair of bluetooth earbud for my "outdoor kit" (yea I know I said ealier that I hated earbud, but I changed my mind on the neccessity of these, I'll prob get those from Jabra) and a pair for the laptop at home. But since I'm not a hardcore gamer and I can sacrifice a bit on SQ, I'm whilling to get ride of these damn wires once and for all. The blutooth audio/video lip sync issue is too much for me, so that's why I'm turning to regular RF wireless (no dock). See me ?

Thanks again Side for the replies

Last edited by marcabip; 08-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.